What's new

Minor Mario 64 Problem.

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
Not sure what's causing it since I'm pretty new to emulation, well, I havne't done much with it. Anyway, the text is really faint, any plugin combos or should I just keep messing around until I find it? I've been trying to do that but nothing seems to work. I'll probably be posting more questions in the coming weeks/months/whatever since I'm starting to get back into 64 emulation. :D

Well, I don't call this "minor". Anyway, go to the download-section and download Glide64 (video-plugin), and eVoodoo (glide-wrapper). Put Glide64 into the plugin-dir and eVoodoo 3.99 beta into the main-dir.
Have fun :D

Clements

I recommend glN64 + 2XSAI, but you can disable 'Force Filtered Rendering' in Jabo's plugin to improve the text, but that makes other things pixelated.

Clements, you're definatly right, but he asked his question a bit wrong, because he probably means textures (check the trees).

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
I see what the problem is, the trees have black triangles around them.

This shall not be occuring with a high end video card, thus make sure
"Force Normal Blending" is unchecked.

Last edited:
OP
GogoTheMimic

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
I totally forgot to mention the trees. >< Oops, well I'm going to try some of the stuff you guys suggested and see what happens, thanks!

OP
GogoTheMimic

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
Jabo 1.5.1
Direct3D HAL
Anisotropic filtering 16x
1280x1024 32 bit fullscreen
Triple Buffer
1152x864 windowed
And no advanced settings checked.

I've been playing around with it and the text is now fine and the trees don't have the black triangles. :D I'll post an update if anything else goes wrong.