What's new

new games for N64?

newspawn

hi
I have discovered from few the world of N64
I would have a curiosity. Is the N64 dead or other games will go out?

thanks

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
The last Game that was Released on the N64 was Tony Pro Skating 3

Released: Oct 2001
Published By: Activision

that was a suprise because all "US" N64 console Owners didn't see it coming.

It was only released In The USA not in Europe though.

So i think that is pretty much the last you will see now.

L

Lachp30

You want new games? Japan has a whole stack of 64 games we have never heard of, such as SUI YU GIN 64; i made that name up but you get the idea

scotty

The Great One
I remember hearing that all the N64 projects being developed by a few companies cancelling or moving their games to the gamecube console, but as said by Neo Night, N64 is dead

Rice

Emulator Developer
I just came across this news. If you can read Chinese, you can check out the URL at: http://www.ique.com/index.htm.
http://games.sina.com.cn/newgames/2003/09/09266169.shtml

The company has formed partnership with Nintendo, to promote a new N64/SNES combined console to China market. The new N64 based console is supposed to be released in Oct. 2003, targeted prices is about $60. Together with over 10 new Chinese translation N64 titles, including Zelda, Star Fox, Mario64, etc.

In another words, they will be some new N64 roms. Not new N64 games, but new Chinese translation of current N64 titles.

ChronusDark

i think nintendo, and sega and all the other retro consoles should be encouraged to goto roms...kinda like what they are doing with mp3s now....make a legal rom market and then devlopers could start devloping more games...it will prolly never happen but its a nice thought

scotty

The Great One
Lillymon said:
It wasn't that good. It could've ruled the console market if it had used CDs or something similar.

Nintendo was very fond of cartridges, but not switching to CD's hurt them to what they are today, It is the major reason that many developers went to Playstation to develop their games exclusively, ie. Square

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
It's a little extreme for just the hassle of making some cartridges imo.
Or wait...how much can a cartridge hold? Less than a cd? It must have...no movies?
If so, then I see...

Th last released game is Zelda OOT Master Quest. Actually it is on a GC-disk, but a smartass ripped it and if you want, you can put it on a N64-cart.

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
I would love it if games like resident evil zero and Star Fox Adventures were leaked!!! They wereboth canned for N64 but screenshots were shown, it would be superb if we got an alpha or beta version.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Grant64 said:
I would love it if games like resident evil zero and Star Fox Adventures were leaked!!! They wereboth canned for N64 but screenshots were shown, it would be superb if we got an alpha or beta version.

RE0 started and ended life on the GameCube.

And cartridges have three advantages: Bandwidth, seek time, and power consumption.

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
Tagrineth said:
And cartridges have three advantages: Bandwidth, seek time, and power consumption.

They also have two disadvantages: Cost and capacity.

This means truely massive games with lots of FMVs and speech are out of the question and manufacturers make less profit per game. Those two drove developers away from the Nintendo 64.

Nintendo screwed up and Sony took advantage of that.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Lillymon said:
They also have two disadvantages: Cost and capacity.

This means truely massive games with lots of FMVs and speech are out of the question and manufacturers make less profit per game. Those two drove developers away from the Nintendo 64.

Nintendo screwed up and Sony took advantage of that.

Of course. I wasn't defending N per se, just giving their reasons for sticking with cartridges.

N64 is screwed enough by latency as is... though the architecture probably would've been better-adapted to it if it'd been designed with a CD drive insteadl.

E

emuguy

Grant64 said:

yup, and would love the betas of goldeneye and perfect dark to be released:). goldeneye had a ton of stuff hidden away that was probably useable in the beta version:D.

neoak

Triforce of Something...
The betas that should be released are:

- Final Fantasy VII (It was originaly for the N64)
- Eternal Darkness
- The Legend of Zelda 64 (It was very different in almost every way compared to the end product, OoT. So different, that the forest was like the one Link got robbed in Majora's Mask. And you used the A and B like Link's awakening...)
- Dinosaur Planet
- Metal Gear Solid (Konami started it, but quickly abandoned it)

I think there are more, but i forgot the rest.