What's new

Serial cable

RPGlover12

Hey there,
well i just bought a serial cable for the mobile now i tried this on two computers my computer and another computer it didn't work on mine i tried all programs all com ports nothin really works i tried it on the other mobimb saw it in 1 second wat could be the problem i checked everything i even tried it on windows 98 it didn't work aswell wat could be the problem could it be somethin from the bios or wat
thanks in adv.

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
... in English?

A serial cable connecting two phones, a phone and a PC or two PCs?

OP
RPGlover12

RPGlover12

Xade said:
... in English?

A serial cable connecting two phones, a phone and a PC or two PCs?
wat i meant its a serial cable connectin a phone and a pc and i tried it on two PCs

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
RPGlover12 said:
wat i meant its a serial cable connectin a phone and a pc and i tried it on two PCs

Well have you tried installing the drivers that came with the cable? Surely there's some sort of software you'll need to use your phone with your PC.

OP
RPGlover12

RPGlover12

no software came with the cable and it worked on my friend's without any software or drivers

Remote

Feeling a bit to tired atm but didn't the change the standard, but that seems like ages ago, which could mean that your mb has support for serial communication but currently it's turned of by default. Try changing the serial port settings in the bios...

Last edited:
OP
RPGlover12

RPGlover12

I've done that Remote Win98 recognized it and installed it but the problem still remains PC can't see the serial cable really this serial cable is gettin on my nerves

Cyberman

RPGlover12 said:
I've done that Remote Win98 recognized it and installed it but the problem still remains PC can't see the serial cable really this serial cable is gettin on my nerves

A serial cable in itself won't do anything.. is anything connected (like the cell phone). I assume this allows the cell phone to act like a modem (standard AT commands data stream etc.)?

So if that's the case you could try the 'Add New Hardware' button in win98.. always got me in trouble :)

Cyb

OP
RPGlover12

RPGlover12

Yeah i got the Cell phone connected for sure am not stupid :) well its already installed the com ports but the problem is that sometimes and rarely the mobimb finds my mobile but just sees the gallery(i have a 6610 btw) and when i try to put anything or check anything in the gallery it gives me amessage sayin communicatin with the phone and shows me that the gallery is empty :S really weired although at my friend it works properly