What's new

Project 64 Goes Slow....

ch3ck_mat3

Ok,I am On A Pentium 4 2.4Ghz geforce something 512mb Ram,Windows Xp.I Got Project 64 1.5,But The Thing Is,When Im On ANY game,It ALWAYS goes slow!Im talking Around 10.0 Frames Per Second!PLEASE help me about this!I REALLY wanna Play Resident Evil, but Th FPS ....PLEASE HELP!

Thanks,

Elliot

P.S I have No Plugins that I know Of.

Quvack

You do have plugins, you'd be using the defaults, Jabo graphocs/sound/input. I really cant see how you'd be getting 10 fps in all games with those kind of specs, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling pj64? or updating your video card drivers, etc?

OP
ch3ck_mat3

ch3ck_mat3

Quvack said:
You do have plugins, you'd be using the defaults, Jabo graphocs/sound/input. I really cant see how you'd be getting 10 fps in all games with those kind of specs, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling pj64? or updating your video card drivers, etc?

Yes I Have Tried That Quvack,But The Thing Is That When The Game Loads It's Fine,But When It Gets In To The Main Game,The FPS Drops To About 10.0 fps.I Really Don't Get It.Also,I Know This Isn't Supposed To Be In The Forum But This May Be Somethign To Do With It As Well,When I Try And Load SuperHLE or UltraHLE By Double Clicking On the Item,Nothing Happens!I Really Need Help With This,Thanks.

Elliot

OP
ch3ck_mat3

ch3ck_mat3

Also Nemu64 8 Version Goes Slow!!!I'm Sure Its My Computer,What Can I Do?Update My Drivers?How I Do That?

Elliot

ray16

The Grand Potatomaster
"geforce something" isn't very discriptive. For all we know you could have the first GeForce ever made.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
ch3ck_mat3 said:
I Updated My Driver,Uninstalled And Reinstalled Project 64,STILL SLOW!

You are *required* to make sure the motherboard chipset drivers are installed and installed properly. Also, make sure the GART driver is installed properly, then make sure the video card driver package is installed properly.

You possibly are *required* to reformat the hard disk drive, reinstall Windows, install the motherboard chipset driver package
then the video card driver package to get proper video performance.

revl8er

That Damn Good
Make sure you update your drivers for your videocard, also update to dx9. You might also want to free up some memory by stopping some unnecessary background applications. Also, Resident Evil doesn't work too good yet.

OP
ch3ck_mat3

ch3ck_mat3

RJARRRPCGP said:
You are *required* to make sure the motherboard chipset drivers are installed and installed properly. Also, make sure the GART driver is installed properly, then make sure the video card driver package is installed properly.

You possibly are *required* to reformat the hard disk drive, reinstall Windows, install the motherboard chipset driver package
then the video card driver package to get proper video performance.

Is This To Do With Opening The Hard Drive?I Don't Really Know Much About That Stuff.Also I Don't Really Want To Reinstall Windows.

Mystic Gohan said:
Make sure you update your drivers for your videocard, also update to dx9. You might also want to free up some memory by stopping some unnecessary background applications. Also, Resident Evil doesn't work too good yet.

I Have Direct X 9.And I Also Try Playing It Without And Background Windows Running.Makes No Difference. Ok Everyone,

NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440

There It Is.

PLEASE Help!!!

Clements

Try using the Unofficial Daedalus and Unofficial RSP, both available in this thread for Resident Evil. As this game is pretty unstable, I recommend using PJ64. Note that you get unsolvable depth problems and missing movies.

OP
ch3ck_mat3

ch3ck_mat3

Still Going Slow,Not Just With Resident Evil 2 But With EVERY Game I Play!Maybe These Roms Are Damaged,I Was Wondering,I Think This Is Legal SORRY If It Isnt,Could Someone Give Me A Link To A Site With Legal Roms (Like Ones People Have Made?)Im Sorry If This Is Illegal To Say.

Thanks

Elliot

WhiteX

Dude, what resolution are you using, is it too high?
Are you playing fullscreen or windowed?
Do you got other games with problems?
what are the other roms you got?

WhiteX

Oh, yes, for not being banned reasons, i am asking you what roms you got for the purpose of knowing if you only have roms with issues like RE2 that have a weak FPS on my machine too!

OP
ch3ck_mat3

ch3ck_mat3

Ok...It DOES Make It Better For Resident Evil 2....No Sound Though....But STILL No Other Games Work!

OP
ch3ck_mat3

ch3ck_mat3

WhiteX said:
Dude, what resolution are you using, is it too high?
Are you playing fullscreen or windowed?
Do you got other games with problems?
what are the other roms you got?

Oh, yes, for not being banned reasons, i am asking you what roms you got for the purpose of knowing if you only have roms with issues like RE2 that have a weak FPS on my machine too!

Ok,I Got 800 X 600,Windowed,Yes,International Track And Field Summer Games,International Track And Field 2000.I Still Think Now It MAY Be The Roms Fault,So Thats Why I Asked For A Site Which Has Legal,User Made Roms (Again,SORRY If It Is Illegal To Say This)

Thanks,
Elliot

OP
ch3ck_mat3

ch3ck_mat3

Sorry Man,Ill Be On Again Later Tonight,Little Bros Go ;o) By The Way Its My Birthday Today ....;o) So PLEASE Help Me Out!

Thanks

Elliot

P.S I'm 13 Today :OD

OP
ch3ck_mat3

ch3ck_mat3

Ok... But I Will Try And Find Some Other Games....Ok?That Will See If Something Is STILL Wrong.Thanks :eek:)

Elliot