What's new

Zelda problems

George Kaplan

Hi!
I´m new in this board, hope you guys could help me:)
I´ve got some problems with the Zelda games:

-Zelda Oot:The game looks perfect: textures, water, lights, pre-rendered backgrounds, even the menu is great (Althoug it takes a bit long to load) BUT there is a strange problem, Link and some Kokiris wear a white dress. Not the entire character, only the dress¿¿??. It´s not the rom fault cause I´ve tested some diferent roms.
I´m in the Deku tree now and i haven´t miss anything but the strange problem.

-Zelda Mmask:Looks great too but the sky is always red (Except with the D3D6 plugin) and the sound is jerky when the city is too much crowed.
Link is green :) so no problem with the dressing here.

I know the Matrox is not a good card for Pj64 but perhaps some problems are fixable. A lot of games are very playable even with the card fact. I´ve the latest drivers.
Help me, please!

My System:
Pentium 4 1,7ghz
256 SDRAM
Matrox G400 32
Soundblaster 128 Value

Hi i am also new here, anyway Which game is this? the first or the second game?
Because i downloaded the first game and the ROM wont work period?
Your lucky you got yours to work. :( ???

Zombie9920

I believe that is a common problem with the Matrox G400 w/PJ64.
From what I understand, Jabo has a NVidia card so he wrote his plugin to work flawlessly with NVidia cards.

Royal Fool

Your resident know-it-all
And as for the sound, it's quite common when the emulator has to do much. This is apparent in many games such as Banjo-Kazooie, Zelda, Mario 64. Although it comes as a surprise with your 1.7 Ghz processor, I've seen stranger things.. :blush:

Royal Fool

Your resident know-it-all
Zombie9920 said:
From what I understand, Jabo has a NVidia card so he wrote his plugin to work flawlessly with NVidia cards.

nVidia-based cards are the future. I got my Hercules GF2 64 card 16 months ago, and it's still cutting edge, with a few tweaks.. :D

RJA

The PC Wiz
George Kaplan, that's the same how it looked on my Voodoo 3

The Matrox G400 video card appears to have the same issues that the Voodoo 3
has. I guess you have to get a GeForce 2 MX, TNT 2 or ATI Radeon. Sorry, I guess you have to put up with that issue just like when I was using my Voodoo 3.:hrm:

RadeonUser

Zombie9920 said:
I believe that is a common problem with the Matrox G400 w/PJ64.

Actually, he wrote the plugin to a certain specification.

The fact that only a few cards follow it is... coincidental :) He used what made the gfx look the best.

As a result, for PJ64, you'll want either a Geforce 1 or higher or a Radeon or higher for near flawless graphics. That's right, Jabo's graphic plugin isn't perfect. No plugin can ever be as a matter of fact, every API has it's limits.