What's new

Two new sound plugins

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Guilhermef has sent me a new version of his alsa plugin and Jttl has written a SDL audio plugin. Check both plugins and give some feedback in this thread :)

txOjO

MDKEiToR
More Good plugins :)

Hacktarux said:
Guilhermef has sent me a new version of his alsa plugin and Jttl has written a SDL audio plugin. Check both plugins and give some feedback in this thread :)

Yeah!!! No one's suficient , 2!!!! at this time...incredible.
The 1st alsasnd 0.2 is perfect on my computer..yes is PERFECT!
Can play FzeroX at full speed more than 60 fps and sync with video(GlN64 0.41 pre 1's bligth port?). and compiles in one moment with no difficult or problems on my system. GoODd work guilherme!!! :)

The other plugin by juha is most peculiar and faster than a other plugin sound, but 1 second at the normal speed and the rest of time "fly" for the screen at more than 400 fps on my system :) pretty good work but need implement some optimizations for sincronize with video and other minor problems in compile (SDL messages in main.o... threads?)
I left this and run to play FzeroX with my pedals :D
Saludos!!!

JttL

txOjO said:
The other plugin by juha is most peculiar and faster than a other plugin sound, but 1 second at the normal speed and the rest of time "fly" for the screen at more than 400 fps on my system :) pretty good work but need implement some optimizations for sincronize with video and other minor problems in compile (SDL messages in main.o... threads?)

Strange.. that not supposed to happen :). I know about those SDL messages, but I hadn't time to fix em before I went to visit my parents. I think I could get some time Sunday to fix them and some other major bugs.

The SDL plugin's syncronization code is very different than in other sound plugins because of the way SDL handles sound. That should fix some problems with computers that suffer rare slow downs. But at the moment the primary buffer size is hardcoded to 16kBs and syncronization code tries to keep buffer load between 40% and 75%. (I'm not sure I remember all numbers perfectly right because I don't have the code on hand.)

There is also some more known "features" in the SDL plugin like:
- Default frequency is wrong. It should be 33000Hz.
- Syncronization won't propably work with very fast or with very slow machines.
I'll fix those in next version (or at least try ;) )

txOjO

MDKEiToR
Ok, let's go!

JttL said:
Strange.. that not supposed to happen :). I know about those SDL messages, but I hadn't time to fix em before I went to visit my parents. I think I could get some time Sunday to fix them and some other major bugs.

Sorry jttl, my PC are crazy with the firegl 4.3 drivers in my linux mdk9.1
The problem isn't the run at high speed or high fps(400 fps).
Compilation of the program for Athlon in my pentium 4 is the problem.
Only changed -mcpu=athlon in the makefile for -mcpu=pentium4,
and tha's all folk :)
The real problem is the very very higher volume sound.
The speakers move to the table for two or three seconds, I try to down the volume of 7 to 0,2 for solve the problem.
find in the code where are the problem cause this on my PC, but
not found nothing aparently cause this.
You are try this plugin and not heard high volume?
What distro use ?
Sorry :)

NightHK3

I'm glad about your releasing a new sound plugin. Due to my poor english, I'm not able to describe my problem clearly, sorry. This plugin is much faster than previous one. With default setting, it is nearly as fast as the default sound plugin. However, it well stop some game such as Super Robot Taisen 64 while the emulator is still running. And the sampling rate of human voice in Neon Genesis Evangelion is incorrect. I hope you will fix them in next release.
Before I compiled the plugin, I changed -mcpu=pentium4 to -mcpu=athlon and disabled sse support.

--------------------------------
os:rh8.0+alsa-0.9.7a cpu: Athlon 750 mem:256M Video:GF2 MX

JttL

NightHK3: There is two plugins released in this thread, both by different authors, so please define which one you're referring. Even tought I'm quiet sure you're referring to ALSA plugin.