What's new

Zelda

matt1801

When playing Zelda OOT on my ibook 700mhz with 640mb ram, I get a strange error. When attempting to climb any surface or ladder, Link falls of after the second rung. Is there any workaround for this?

Other than this problem (which keeps the game unplayable), the emulator is unbelieveably fast and great.

Rented Mule

matt1801 said:
When playing Zelda OOT on my ibook 700mhz with 640mb ram, I get a strange error. When attempting to climb any surface or ladder, Link falls of after the second rung. Is there any workaround for this?

Other than this problem (which keeps the game unplayable), the emulator is unbelieveably fast and great.

There are lots of problems with Zelda on sixtyforce. There isn't a workaround for the "falling of the ladder" problem. Nor is there a workaround for the way Link moves his head. Or the dislocated heads and torsos, or "feet in the air" bug when Link open a chest and finds an item or the "swimming upside down" anomaly.

Buuuuut...Gerrit says enjoy them while they last. You know what that means, eh?

Question is...when does Gerrit plan to release the next version? Halloween is still a month away...I hope it won't be released that late. :)

OP
M

matt1801

Thanks for the reply. Do you know if there is a way for one to load save games, not the freeze states, but regular save games. I got one off gameshark.com that completes the game. How can I get the sixtyforce to use it instead of the one in the game? It is in a .n64 file format.

erise

matt1801 said:
Thanks for the reply. Do you know if there is a way for one to load save games, not the freeze states, but regular save games. I got one off gameshark.com that completes the game. How can I get the sixtyforce to use it instead of the one in the game? It is in a .n64 file format.

I'm pretty sure you can't use that save with the current version of sixtyforce. Maybe in the future.