What's new

Paper Mario problem.

Khyron2k

When I go into any town at all, I get an UNGODLY flicker over the screen, that hurts my eyes... to the point where I stop playing 'cuz it gives me a headache :(

Is there a fix for this?

OP
K

Khyron2k

What's Evoodoo? I'm downloading Glide64 (Do I even need it? I'm not running a 3DFX card) right now.

EDIT - I downloaded Evoodoo, but I have no clue on how to use this. Help please? :(

Last edited:
OP
K

Khyron2k

Steve : I found that out by reading the readme inside of the Glide64 .zip file... but I'm not sure how to use this glide wrapper... the ncontrol.exe file changes some settings, but do I keep that open while I play the game? Or how do I load this? Or do I?

Or better yet, is there a help file/webpage/whatever that details it? The glide64 readme was perfect, the evoodoo zip file didn't have a readme.

OP
K

Khyron2k

Gotcha... okay, they're installed... I started up Paper Mario with Glide64 selected as my graphic plugin. Now when it loads up, it shows the first frame, then the screen goes black and stays black... can't see a thing...

Steveman610

Uh oh.... Sorry man, i cant help you anymore i have no idea why it does that. but if it does start workin, remember to set buffer swap mode to hybrid. Are you running it in windowed mode or fullscreen? I think glide 64 only works in fullscreen but im not sure.

OP
K

Khyron2k

Aha, got it fixed. I had downloaded the eVoodoo 3.2 from some other website. Downloading eVoodoo 3.99 fixed it.