What's new

ALSA plugin

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Someone gave me an ALSA plugin but unfortunately for some reasons alsa isn't working on my computer right now and.... I don't have time to fix it. The author has given me permission to distribute the plugin on emutalk to have some feedback. I'm especially interested in hearing reports from people who are having the hanging problem when using OSS plugin.

divinehawk

Works for me. I was about to complain that the emulation would hang every 2 seconds or so but this ALSA plugin was just the thing to get everything working smoothly.

(Using a geforce 4 and sblive w/ kernel 2.6.0-test6. ALSA drivers with OSS emulation enabled. So ALSA is always preferred :))

NightHK3

Great! It works well. The sound is smooth and doesn't crack, but the speed is far slower than that use the default plugin. can you increase the speed?

cpu:Athlon 750 Sound:es1936 Video:GF2 MX Mem:256M

txOjO

MDKEiToR
Good Plugin, but in my machine, the sound isn't good.
I heard "gorgeus" sound (terrible storm) with this plugin.
I have Mandrake 9.1 alsa 0.9 with oss emulation for compatibility ,and from mupens audio the speed is normal but with this plugin runs very very faster with this "gorgeus" horrible sound.
Try with some games and in any , pretty good sound.Others nothing heard as normal.- Time to probe others...