What's new

Question...

CYBORG

Hey. I need a better graphics card. Can somone help me choose? I saw a geforce 2 for a 80 (canadian) at a computer store. Should i get it or go for a better one???
Alright Thanx in advance. ;)

Reznor007

If money's not an issue, 128MB Geforce3 cards will be out real soon, and Geforce4 might be announced next month.

OP
C

CYBORG

sorry boys

sorry i havent replied... my net was down.
Ya i have an intel 810 (i think its 4 meg or so) and im willin to pay maybe 50 - 150 bucks. Any ideas????

Trotterwatch

Make sure that you have an AGP slot, and don't already have an integrated AGP card at the moment. If so you will be restricted to PCI cards, you can get a PCI GF2MX or Radeon - that's about the best you can get though.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
i got radeon ve for around $100CAN (this was a while ago, prolly cheaper now). this card was put down by lotsa ppl around the net, but i found it quite good for n64 emu and many other games. its also got the hydravision(support 2monitors{its not special anymore though, Radeon 8500 and others also hav it})

plain GeForce 2 cards can be very cheap nowadays i think i could get one for about $50(CAN)

OP
C

CYBORG

I never herd that the ge2 might frie itself but ok... i guess it might be ok to spen a bit more for a nice card. Are there any stable (wont explode or something) with maybe 64 mg, and supports tv out? if there are i might be interested.... O and by the way, when i emulate some games (zelda, ssb) i get messed up gfx. is that from my card or some crap in my comp?

ya ya big reply... but i gotta know!

Trotterwatch

The only way a GF2 will fry itself is by overclocking it too much, the same as any other card will fry itself in similar circumstances. So don't let that deter you from getting this card, if you really want it (and it's cheap and it does well in Emulators).

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
I have a 64MB Geforce 2 400 MX and it rocks so I can tell you it's worth the money :)

adi

get out of my house
I've got the same card as you zero, but I've been told its the weak link in my system as its capable of far more. Its excellent for the price, but I've found it to be pretty slow at doing anti-aliasing.