What's new

Looking for a new processor...

dcook32p

I'm trying to hunt down a <i>cheap</i> AMD Athlon "Thunderbird" part number A1200AMS3B (1,200 MHz, 200 MHz FSB, Socket A). I won't pay any more than $20.

If you guys have one laying around left over from an upgrade, that'd be super great.

OP
D

dcook32p

Thanks

pandamoan said:
good luck dude.

Thanks, but that's a bit more expensive than I'd like. You'd think someone would open a place like Movie Trading Company for computers and parts.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
I got that, and theres no way in hell would i give mine for 20 bucks. If you want to buy something, give a reasonable price.

imho, pricewatch is a pretty good way of seeing whats worth what. If you find the price listed there to be too much for you, forget about it.

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
dcook32p said:
I'm trying to hunt down a <i>cheap</i> AMD Athlon "Thunderbird" part number A1200AMS3B (1,200 MHz, 200 MHz FSB, Socket A). I won't pay any more than $20.

If you guys have one laying around left over from an upgrade, that'd be super great.

Mine costed a hundred++. You could get a 1000hz one and overclock it, and you could save a few money. (the 1200mhz tbird can literally not be overclocked, so you lost nothing)

OP
D

dcook32p

I guess you're right.

NeTo said:
Mine costed a hundred++. You could get a 1000hz one and overclock it, and you could save a few money. (the 1200mhz tbird can literally not be overclocked, so you lost nothing)

I just ordered a 1,200 MHz from <a href="http://www.starmicro.net/">StarMicro, Inc.</a> [starmicro.net] for US$65. It's the fastest processor that my motherboard can handle, and I'm not interested in upgrading my motherboard at this time.

Thanks for the input, guys.