What's new

Plugin error with Conker's Bad Fur Day

ffguy

Extreme Slacker
When I try to run Conker's Bad Fur Day on the emu, it says
Microcode CRC: 0x1b4ace88
Microcode Data CRC: 0x8032bfaf
Microcode Text: RSP Gfx ucode F3DEXBG.NoN fifo 2.08 Yoshitaka Yasumoto 1999 Nintendo.
Notify Orkin with this information.

I don't know how to notify him, and decided to see if anyone else had the same error and knows how to fix it. I'm pretty sure it's a good ROM dump. Do you need to do something special to get Conker's to work?

BTW I'm using glN64 v.4 on a Radeon 9800.

Moose Jr.

Raging Moose
AFAIK Conker isn't supported yet by glN64. I know that Jabo's 1.5.1 works well with it though (I just completed the game with it :) ).

OP
ffguy

ffguy

Extreme Slacker
OOOOOO Thanks. And I hope you don't mind me putting the charging moose on my site. It's too weird to pass up.

gamefreaks

Also, if you want some of the advanced effects (such as the blurring in the intro sequence) enable 'Self Rendered Textures' and 'Primary Frame Buffer'.
Very slow with these options on my Ti4200 but you may have more luck on your card!

OP
ffguy

ffguy

Extreme Slacker
BTW, what is the microcode for conker's? My vid card doesnt like Jabo 1.5.1, so I hve to find another plugin to run it.

scotty

The Great One
ATI cards arent as perfect when it comes to N64 emulation, NVidia cards are more efficient, as developers for the emulators (i.e. Jabo, Rice) make their cards more to their cards, and they use NVidia cards.

On top of it all Conker's Bad Fur Day isnt the greatest at being emulated, always has had its share of problems. With a good card (128MB+) and a good processor (1.4 GHz+) it still has problems.

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
scotty said:
ATI cards arent as perfect when it comes to N64 emulation, NVidia cards are more efficient, as developers for the emulators (i.e. Jabo, Rice) make their cards more to their cards, and they use NVidia cards.

My ATi Radeon 8500LE works fine with Jabo's D3D6 1.5.1, glN64 0.4.1 and Glide64 0.42 with eVoodoo of course. Rice's Daedalus 5.1.0d still doesn't work as good due to some bugs, but three out of four isn't bad.