What's new

Whats the best plugin configuration for Paper Mario?

Codexing

The Xpaniard
Before you start telling about how the flickering cant be fixed with Jabo´s, I wanted to say that I already know about that. What I wanted to know is the best configuration with Jabo´s Direct3D 6 1.5 so flickering doesnt happen so often. I used to play it before with some configuration I cant remember now that made the flickering happen only once or twice during the game. Now the flickering happens all the game... I´ve tried many configurations (even uninstalling all the configurations again) but I still dont get it to work.
Anybody can help?

There are two ways:

1. Use 1964 with Jabo's 1.5(.1) with CounterFactor 2 and the flickering will be reduced a lot.
2. Use Glide64+evoodoo combination (download the newest versions from the download-section, put Glide64 in the plugin-dir, put evoodoo in the main-dir). Select hybrid-swap method in the options and have fun!

OP
Codexing

Codexing

The Xpaniard
Never mind, I got it to work in PJ64 with Jabo´s Direct3D 6 1.5 and it works perfectly (I havent found any flicker yet, and Im already far in the game). But there is something that doesnt work well: when you go from one place to another, the screen should go black and then normal once youre in the new place (for example, when you go trough a door) but it doesnt, it just shows a freezed screen and then it goes back to where it should. Any fix to that?

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Codexing said:
Before you start telling about how the flickering cant be fixed with Jabo´s, I wanted to say that I already know about that. What I wanted to know is the best configuration with Jabo´s Direct3D 6 1.5 so flickering doesnt happen so often. I used to play it before with some configuration I cant remember now that made the flickering happen only once or twice during the game. Now the flickering happens all the game... I´ve tried many configurations (even uninstalling all the configurations again) but I still dont get it to work.
Anybody can help?

Try also Rice's plugin, and set it to "at first CI change" (not "CI change") to get rid of flicker.

About the screen changes, maybe that could be a flaw in the video plugin or in the drivers. You should try Glide64 or Rice plugins and check if it occurs with those also.