What's new

Yet Another CBFD Problem

GamemasterN

Well I finally got Jabo's D3D plugins to work. Now just have one small problem with Conker's Bad Fur Day. With Jabo's D3D6 1.5.1 plugin there's like a large black shadow under Conker and some other things making it difficult to see some things. I tried using Jabo's D3D7 1.40 plugin and that problem was corrected, however another problem arose. Graphics were a little messed up, most notably Conker's pupils were missing. Any suggestions? Other than this stuff the game runs fine.

gamefreaks

I think that your problem is the Voodoo3 gfx card (and its D3D driver support)

CBFD works almost perfectly on my GF4, so it isn't the plugin. Does you Motherboard have a built in VGA adapter, you may find that will that provides better compatibility as the polygon count on N64 games is very low. Have you tried an OpenGL plugin? (Gl64 maybe?)

First post, Hi everyone!

Still having problems with CBFD, i see? Of course, with emulation, you must expect these kind of bugs. And, it shouldn't matter if you can't see Conker's pupils or not. IIRC, it doesn't deal with much with the game.

Clements

Hopefully there will be support for these games by Rare with Glide64 sometime soon. Jabo's is the only plugin that does a decent job of CBFD, all other plugins don't really support the game playably yet.

OP
G

GamemasterN

I think the problem is how the plugin is configured. Perfect Dark runs great for me, using the D3D6 plugin. Any particular way I should config the plugins for CBFD? (D3D6 1.5.1 or D3D7 1.40)

Nope, it isn't a config problem. I remembered Federelli had the same problem with his voodoo 5, and everything is running fine on my GeForce 2, so it's definatly a voodoo-card problem.

OP
G

GamemasterN

mightyrocket said:
Nope, it isn't a config problem. I remembered Federelli had the same problem with his voodoo 5, and everything is running fine on my GeForce 2, so it's definatly a voodoo-card problem.
I know nicedude455 has a voodoo5 and he had CBFD running. (been trying to catch him on IRC)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Since it works ok with jabo's 1.5, do this:
Launch the game using 1.4 and do a save state. Reload with the 1.5 plugin and load the save state. The shadow should be gone.

OP
G

GamemasterN

Doomulation said:
Since it works ok with jabo's 1.5, do this:
Launch the game using 1.4 and do a save state. Reload with the 1.5 plugin and load the save state. The shadow should be gone.

If by 1.4 you mean the D3D7 plugin, it didn't work. I put up a couple screenshots (attatched) to show ppl the problems I have:

snap0000 is with Jabo's D3D6 1.5.1 and snap0003 is with Jabo's D3D7 1.40

Last edited:

Benzi_Chan

It most likely is your video card, like others say. On my computer, I have an ATI Radeon 9200 64MB, old, but it does the job.

The only problems I have with Conker's Bad Fur day are timing issues, where the audio and the video just don't sinc up quite right.

That and some lighting is missing, and instead of that nasty black blob you have, I get something different. A light outline of a black 'box'.

Here's two screenshots that should look like yours:

http://www.geocities.com/benjamin_orona/snap0000.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/benjamin_orona/snap0012.jpg

OP
G

GamemasterN

Benzi_Chan said:
It most likely is your video card, like others say. On my computer, I have an ATI Radeon 9200 64MB, old, but it does the job.

The only problems I have with Conker's Bad Fur day are timing issues, where the audio and the video just don't sinc up quite right.

That and some lighting is missing, and instead of that nasty black blob you have, I get something different. A light outline of a black 'box'.

Here's two screenshots that should look like yours:

http://www.geocities.com/benjamin_orona/snap0000.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/benjamin_orona/snap0012.jpg

Links not working