What's new

Mario64 running on Mupen64

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Mupen64 is my new n64 emulator. It works on linux, windows and BeOS systems. You can find an old version on http://hacktarux.multimania.com
I think I will release a new version when I find the bug that crashed mario64 when the dynamic recompilator is used. I will also release the source code of the emu.

crhylove

Banned
more details.

looks good, bro.

what are your plans with this emu? are you going to head down the pj64 road or the corn road, or somewhere in between? is this solely for your own amusement or do you have more ambitious ideas? are you going to incorporate plugins? good luck!

rhy

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Yes, I will incorporate plug-in, it is my main objective after getting mario64 working completly.
Of course, it is for my amusement but if it can be funny for anyone to play n64 games on a linux box....

linker

Emutalk Member
Hacktarux said:
Yes, I will incorporate plug-in, it is my main objective after getting mario64 working completly.
Of course, it is for my amusement but if it can be funny for anyone to play n64 games on a linux box....

Hacktarux, why don't you make something different, like Nemu. I mean, just make your own gfx plug (and because jabo discontiunued his work, that's a good idea), own sound and controller plugins. It'll be great to see something different (but I don't say that the other emulators, that use the zilmar plugin specs are bad, don't understand me wrong, please)

flow``

flow``
i agree with that although am fine w/ my n-rage input and azimer audio combo

i think we just lack a lot of video plugins.. yes its extremely good but it never hurts to have variety

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
My main goal when I began this project was to make a n64 emulator for Linux and there's no existing plug-in on Linux, so I must make my own plug-ins and I will make these plug-ins easily portable on all systems. The only difference in being compatible with Zilmar specs is that the windows version will be usable before I make many progress on my plug'ins' developpement.

mesman00

What's that...?
i can't wait until i know more about programming, there are so many things i wanna try, yet so little knowledge, well, i'll just keep at it, that's all

linker

Emutalk Member
Hacktarux said:
My main goal when I began this project was to make a n64 emulator for Linux and there's no existing plug-in on Linux, so I must make my own plug-ins and I will make these plug-ins easily portable on all systems. The only difference in being compatible with Zilmar specs is that the windows version will be usable before I make many progress on my plug'ins' developpement.

That's what I've been talking about.

Royal Fool

Your resident know-it-all
Yeah, good luck with this one.

And as always, the people here at Emutalk will be more than happy to help you out with this... it's our hobby, for crying out loud ;)

(Don't expect me to code a plugin for you, though) :D

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

I found the last bug (I hope) on mario64. I played it a little on the first level, it works even if it is not very easy to play in wireframe.

I wanted to put it on my site but the site where I am hosted say me that all the accounts that have an n or an h as the first letter have their ftp closed for 24H. Never seen an excuse like that just to say that their ftp doesn't work !