PDA

View Full Version : Mario64 running on Mupen64

Hacktarux
January 1st, 2002, 19:00
I'm very happy that this is starting to work, so I publish some screenshots !

Hacktarux
January 1st, 2002, 19:01
another,

Hacktarux
January 1st, 2002, 19:01
and finally

KingTom
January 1st, 2002, 21:37
what is Mupen64?

Hacktarux
January 1st, 2002, 22:18
Mupen64 is my new n64 emulator. It works on linux, windows and BeOS systems. You can find an old version on http://hacktarux.multimania.com
I think I will release a new version when I find the bug that crashed mario64 when the dynamic recompilator is used. I will also release the source code of the emu.

Quvack
January 2nd, 2002, 02:17
Look'n Good ;)

Zoomer
January 2nd, 2002, 03:23
It'll be nice watching your progress, good luck!
:)

Slougi
January 2nd, 2002, 06:56
What can I say except: :thumbsup:
:)

crhylove
January 2nd, 2002, 08:14
looks good, bro.

what are your plans with this emu? are you going to head down the pj64 road or the corn road, or somewhere in between? is this solely for your own amusement or do you have more ambitious ideas? are you going to incorporate plugins? good luck!

rhy

Hacktarux
January 2nd, 2002, 11:38
Yes, I will incorporate plug-in, it is my main objective after getting mario64 working completly.
Of course, it is for my amusement but if it can be funny for anyone to play n64 games on a linux box....

KingTom
January 2nd, 2002, 14:03
thnks

linker
January 2nd, 2002, 23:31
Originally posted by Hacktarux
Yes, I will incorporate plug-in, it is my main objective after getting mario64 working completly.
Of course, it is for my amusement but if it can be funny for anyone to play n64 games on a linux box....

Hacktarux, why don't you make something different, like Nemu. I mean, just make your own gfx plug (and because jabo discontiunued his work, that's a good idea), own sound and controller plugins. It'll be great to see something different (but I don't say that the other emulators, that use the zilmar plugin specs are bad, don't understand me wrong, please)

flow``
January 2nd, 2002, 23:50
i agree with that although am fine w/ my n-rage input and azimer audio combo

i think we just lack a lot of video plugins.. yes its extremely good but it never hurts to have variety

Hacktarux
January 3rd, 2002, 00:04
My main goal when I began this project was to make a n64 emulator for Linux and there's no existing plug-in on Linux, so I must make my own plug-ins and I will make these plug-ins easily portable on all systems. The only difference in being compatible with Zilmar specs is that the windows version will be usable before I make many progress on my plug'ins' developpement.

hellknight
January 3rd, 2002, 00:10
i wish you luck must be hard to make an emu but I'm sure you do it

mesman00
January 3rd, 2002, 00:15
i can't wait until i know more about programming, there are so many things i wanna try, yet so little knowledge, well, i'll just keep at it, that's all

linker
January 3rd, 2002, 00:16
My main goal when I began this project was to make a n64 emulator for Linux and there's no existing plug-in on Linux, so I must make my own plug-ins and I will make these plug-ins easily portable on all systems. The only difference in being compatible with Zilmar specs is that the windows version will be usable before I make many progress on my plug'ins' developpement.

That's what I've been talking about.

Royal Fool
January 4th, 2002, 12:09
Yeah, good luck with this one.

And as always, the people here at Emutalk will be more than happy to help you out with this... it's our hobby, for crying out loud ;)

(Don't expect me to code a plugin for you, though) :D

dave_luther
January 4th, 2002, 19:24
yep, good luck

Hacktarux
January 5th, 2002, 21:18
AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH HHH

I found the last bug (I hope) on mario64. I played it a little on the first level, it works even if it is not very easy to play in wireframe.

I wanted to put it on my site but the site where I am hosted say me that all the accounts that have an n or an h as the first letter have their ftp closed for 24H. Never seen an excuse like that just to say that their ftp doesn't work !

Hacktarux
January 12th, 2002, 21:24
I have released the 0.0.2 version of mupen64. Mario64 should work. Feel free to report bugs (especially graphic ones with different videos card and different OSes before I start to improve graphics) but ONLY in mario !

flow``
January 12th, 2002, 21:43
Hack.. get on irc sometime and we'll set up your stuff for you to be hosted :)

2fast4u
January 13th, 2002, 02:50
I have released the 0.0.2 version of mupen64. Mario64 should work. Feel free to report bugs (especially graphic ones with different videos card and different OSes before I start to improve graphics) but ONLY in mario !

hack,

great work with your emulator! wish u the best of luck. however when i play mario64 with it mupen freezes as soon as i enter the castle, i dunno how this is caused.

2fast4u

Hacktarux
January 13th, 2002, 10:09
It seems that it crashes randomly only on specific configs. It never crashes on my computers. I think that it can be because I have not implemented tlb exceptions on the dynarec. I will try to find a rom that causes this exception more often on my computer

Yoshi
January 15th, 2002, 09:25
Good job with the emu! :)I have tested 4 different roms of mario 64(J)(U)(E) plus shindou edition(J) and all works. In some cases there are heavy slowdowns like on the water stage

Hacktarux
January 15th, 2002, 13:26
I think the water stage is more CPU intensive. The mupen64's core is something between a dynamic recompilator and a static recompilator (Really, I don't know myself how it should be called) but it is not very optimized yet and there is no register caching.

DK64
January 15th, 2002, 19:28
runs nicely on my rig, it always seemt to crash when i reach the top of bob-omb mountain

good job though, its really fast :)