What's new

Can't get emu to run

Ant|v|rUs

I get the error msg "Exception Service Routine re-enter exceed maximum 10 times, skipped" whenever I try loading the rom, and the msg keeps on repeting itself, so i have to Alt+F4 the program... How can I get it to run? I'm using the Jabo's Direct 3d Plugin, also the Azimer's Audio Plugin, and the Noote_Di Input Plugin.

I'm running on a Pentium 4, 1.5Ghz, 512MB Ram, nVidia TNT2 Riva Model 64 32Megs, an Ac'97 Sound Card (I know, it sucks), Direct X 8.0 and a Gravis Gamepad Pro which i can't also configure...

Help???

sk8bloke22

roll for life
i would use jabos directinput 1.3 as ur input plugin.

i think that error was explained in a thread somewhere on this forum. hav a look. if u cant find anything, then u could try other stuff:

are ur roms zipped, i think that could be causing the problem, i cant remember, i read somewhere 2nite that some systems are having problems with zipped roms and 1964 - it works fine with me.try unzipping roms and see if they work. also try deleting the registry keys. uninstalling the emu is explained on 1964emu.emulation64.com and it should be the same as uninstalling pj64 as said on www.smiff.clara.net, but obviously with the 1964 registry.

OP
A

Ant|v|rUs

I changed the input plugin as you said. Still I get the same problem. About the zip/unzziped roms issue, its not my case, coz i have em all unzipped, since the site I download them from aces them, and emus dont recognize ace files...

Any other suggestions??

Thanx!

OP
A

Ant|v|rUs

Oh, btw, I didn't get the registry change part.. can you explaiin it to me?? I havent still done nothing to the registry...

sk8bloke22

roll for life
go to 'run' in the windows start menu. type 'regedit'. then select the following registry folder things:

-Hkey Current User
-Software

Then right click and delete ur 1964 folder. this will reset the emus registries, effectively cleaning up any possible mistakes or stuff that u may hav done. if u still get the prob, then reply with more details, and ill try and help.

OP
A

Ant|v|rUs

Ok, I cleaned up the registry, and tryed something out. I configured the program so t doesn't load and start the game at the same time. It happens that it it loads the rom perfectly, but when i hit the play/run menu then starts the bug. What more info do you want me to give you, so you can help me?? Should I try downloading another rom, coz I only have one, but it says playable...

OP
A

Ant|v|rUs

I downloaded Mortal Kombat Mythologies coz I have a slow connection (56k), so it I always get disconnected before I finish downloading. It was the smallest rom I found

zeus

If you feel that your connection isn´t reliable you should install a download manager, there are multiple free alternatives out there for you to grasp, getright and download accelerator are two good alternatives which will allow you to resume your download after that it has been abrupted or disconnected. This will surely help you in your quest for roms.

And if your primary goal is to get the emu to run, you should download one or more of the public domain roms, they are small in size and will allow you to get your configuration right. Public domain roms aka PD roms are avalible at www.dextrose.com.

And you should always verify your roms with goodn64, which is a database/utility by cowering which will rename your roms to their correct name. The latest version of goodn64 is 0.9996 which you should use with the windows frontend goodwindows, currently at version 2.4.

NeSc has a good article on rom managing and it´s well worth the time it takes reading.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
a good rom to try first (if u hav it) on most n64 emulators is Mario 64. its not that big and it is the simplist (the first game out).