What's new

Project 64 won't load (for a non gimp)

xlr8d

I'm running a P833 with a radeon 8500 w/ HDTV out in win2k using default video pluggin dll. When I try to load Project64 1.5-sp1, it either hangs there minimized or says that my video pluggin isn't compatible. Sometimes it writes to the DX log and says couldnt create device or Zbuffer. I am running the latest radeon drivers and DX9. This works like champ on my other computer with a GEforce 2.

(Please don't tell me where I can get a "GeForce for cheap", I'm using a Radeon for the HDTV out)

Thanks m8s

Clements

Try removing the registry entries (by clicking on the three files in the uninstall folder of PJ64) and then try it again. If it still does, try a full reinstall. If it still fails, install DX 9.0b. If this doesn't work then try an alternative plugin, I recommend trying the glN64() video plugin as it was developed on Radeon cards unlike the others. You can also try 1964 instead, it will be faster for you anyway.

OP
X

xlr8d

It actually did this the first time I installed it (it's never run). I've tried the other two opengl pluggins to no avail, but I hadn't uninstalled/reinstalled in between trying each pluggin. So, I'll try that. 9b is what's on there. I will give 1964 a shot too. It could be something to do with this HD mode. I'd try normal video out, but component video quality looks so much better on a projection TV.

Thanks