What's new

what are the diffrence between COMMERCIALS and demos games??

emu2003

Hello,

I want to understand what are the difference between
COMMERCIALS and demos games??

What do you mean??

ok, I have "Winning eleven 7" cd , and I have dvd driver
Do the nSX2 0.08.1 run the game??

And where I can get the demo game from?

sorry, my English is very poor.

thanks to all.

emu2003, Saudi Arabia

Hyper19s

Banned
please do not reqwest games on this forum {emutalk.net}

i dont know all the rules but this is like the biggest
one .dont request roms

one of the moderators might get you

but your a new user so they might go easy on you

Trotterwatch

hypershadow1, try reading his post before replying.

Commercial games basically refer to games you go out and get in the shops, or on PS2 demo disks.

The demos in question, are custom made ones by users, that often use only parts of the PS2s power, and thus are a little easier to emulate (I think anyways). You get non-commercial PS2 demos from here (some of which should run):

http://ps2dev.org/

Your game will not run in the emulator as of yet, and will not for a small while yet.

My95ZR2

Generally, Demo's are home-made and are legal, Commercial games are not (as far as I know).

I can't wait till the PS2 emulation takes off, the games are beautiful. Let's see, we've waited about 10 years for PSX emulation, and it's not totally perfect, so when I'm around 30 years old, and a computer is in our head, I should be able to emulate a PS2 :p Then again, I may have a wife :-D

WhtDrgnGG42

PSX emulators

Just to let you know, I have a PSX emulator that is 100% working and hasn't messed up in almost two years now, goto http://www.epsxe.com to download it, petes drivers are the best ones, esspecially if you have an Nvidia or 3DFX video card. :satisfied
:bounce:
:smurf:

WhtDrgnGG42

PS2 emulators

Trotterwatch said:
That's all well and good, but wasn't the poster refering to PS2 emulation?

Yeah, but "My95ZR2" mentioned that PSX emulation took forever to take off, and that it only took about 3 1/2 years to have an emulator come out on the world. PS2 emulation should take off here in a short time, I am currently working on a PS2 emulator on my free time. I am almost 78% finished, and I only have a few problems with the sound being scratchy. I am looking on a Dec 04 release for it, and I started it back in February 2002. This means that if anyone else is having help making an emulator, they are due anytime to have it released.

Last edited:

My95ZR2

PSX was hard, cause if I remember correctly it all had to be reversed engineered cause there were little or no documents on it. The N64 had documents, so it was a tad easier. That is one reason Resident Evil is so hard to emulate. It uses undocumented commands for decoding the video, and the only way to do it is to reverse engineer. It takes a heck of a long time and patience to do something like that, and unless I had motivation to do something like that, I'd say forget and and play the PC version (like I did).

Adam

mezkal

Man on a mission
ummm LOL

Where do we get these people? All emus are reverse engineered, at the start. Ultra64 was as was psemu-pro (predecessor to expse). Docs will not cover all aspects of the hardware's variances, both across different released versions (say PSX 1997 and PSX 1999 - different CDroms and different rom BIOS) and in different situations. Rememeber that game devs sometimes exploits limitations or bugs in the hardware to achieve some of what they want.

The REAL reason why PSX emulation isn't still perfect has to do with its annoying and difficult to emulate amorphous memory access system. The PSX was nothing like current PC's of the day in terms of archictecture. Therefore the coders had to deal with technology that just was not standard outside of the PSX.

The N64 on the other hand was built with some WELL KNOWN parts, not the least of was its SGI rendering engine. You'll notice that since DX9 cards have been proliferating a couple of new plugins have arrived for PJ64 etc. Why? Well the N64 used a technology that was a predecessor to what's known as PS or Pixel Shaders. Direct64 implements use of the Shaders on your DX9 card to emulate the N64 (so far underemulated) Frame Buffer effects and mulitexturing shaders. You can see the IMMEDIATE difference in a game like Banjo Kazooie. Everything just looks more cartoony and the characters are shaded a whole lot nicer.

Yes I realise this went off topic but I did cover two emulators in order to illustrate my answer.

Hope the mods don't mind :)

Cheers,

mezkal
Cheers,

Mezkal

vleespet

The decent one
I don't think emu2003 is still waiting for your reply since he posted this thread 3/4 year ago.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
mezkal said:
ummm LOL

Where do we get these people? All emus are reverse engineered, at the start. Ultra64 was as was psemu-pro (predecessor to expse). Docs will not cover all aspects of the hardware's variances, both across different released versions (say PSX 1997 and PSX 1999 - different CDroms and different rom BIOS) and in different situations. Rememeber that game devs sometimes exploits limitations or bugs in the hardware to achieve some of what they want.

The REAL reason why PSX emulation isn't still perfect has to do with its annoying and difficult to emulate amorphous memory access system. The PSX was nothing like current PC's of the day in terms of archictecture. Therefore the coders had to deal with technology that just was not standard outside of the PSX.

The N64 on the other hand was built with some WELL KNOWN parts, not the least of was its SGI rendering engine. You'll notice that since DX9 cards have been proliferating a couple of new plugins have arrived for PJ64 etc. Why? Well the N64 used a technology that was a predecessor to what's known as PS or Pixel Shaders. Direct64 implements use of the Shaders on your DX9 card to emulate the N64 (so far underemulated) Frame Buffer effects and mulitexturing shaders. You can see the IMMEDIATE difference in a game like Banjo Kazooie. Everything just looks more cartoony and the characters are shaded a whole lot nicer.

Yes I realise this went off topic but I did cover two emulators in order to illustrate my answer.

Hope the mods don't mind :)

Cheers,

mezkal
Cheers,

Mezkal

ROFL, now who's perfect, eh?