What's new

Saving

EGEditor

EGE Online Webmaster
I just recently got this emulator, and am having some saving problems. I read that saving normally (through the actual game) and through "Mempaks" didnt work, and that state saves and quick saves had to be used. Well i tried to use both and they lock my computer up. I was wondering if there are any plans to add true saving OR if that support is already added, i was misinformed and would like to know how to save.

Felipe

Brazilian Translator
i had problems with saving too,probably this will be fixed in the next version

joel_029

Lead Guitarist
As far as the emulator saving like an N64, that hasn't happened yet, to my knowledge. But you can do quicksaves. And since you're using Glide64 (or so I would hope, you having a voodoo 3 and all) then you need to pause emulation in order to get it to save correctly. My V3 2000 had the same problem. So try pausing the emulator next time, and save. If that doesn't work, try doing a search in the forums, I'm sure this has probably been gone over before.

OP
E

EGEditor

EGE Online Webmaster
Thanks

joel_029 said:
As far as the emulator saving like an N64, that hasn't happened yet, to my knowledge. But you can do quicksaves. And since you're using Glide64 (or so I would hope, you having a voodoo 3 and all) then you need to pause emulation in order to get it to save correctly. My V3 2000 had the same problem. So try pausing the emulator next time, and save. If that doesn't work, try doing a search in the forums, I'm sure this has probably been gone over before.

Ya i pretty much figured i had to press ESC then quick save. Looks like quick-loading works fine, press F9 then esc and it works. I did find out that saving like the N64 used to is possible, but not on UltraHTE, it is possible however on Project64, however that emulator needs a much more powerful computer to run properly (pretty much an P4) So till i get a better computer i will stick with quick-loading and saving. Although i hope UltraHTE does get that saving option as well, cause it runs fine on my P3 500.

straight

EGEditor, your setup is almost identical to mine, and I get good performance on most games with 1964 (especially using NeTo's HiP -- see the "Get More Speed..." thread in the General N64 Emulation forum). 1964 is compatable with many more games than UHLE and supports regular N64 saves.

OP
E

EGEditor

EGE Online Webmaster
straight said:
EGEditor, your setup is almost identical to mine, and I get good performance on most games with 1964 (especially using NeTo's HiP -- see the "Get More Speed..." thread in the General N64 Emulation forum). 1964 is compatable with many more games than UHLE and supports regular N64 saves.

LOL yes, it was a typo, i of course ment UltraHLE. Now 1964, i have seen it mentioned, is that the full name for the Emu, or a short form? But i will check out that thread and i will try 1964. Thanks for the help

pandamoan

Banned
EGEditor said:
LOL yes, it was a typo, i of course ment UltraHLE. Now 1964, i have seen it mentioned, is that the full name for the Emu, or a short form? But i will check out that thread and i will try 1964. Thanks for the help

1964 also gives me the best results.... with the plugins from pj64.

have fun!

jamie

OP
E

EGEditor

EGE Online Webmaster
pandamoan said:
1964 also gives me the best results.... with the plugins from pj64.

have fun!

jamie

I downloaded it yesterday, it does seem to be the best, saving is simple, forcefeedback and compatable with alot more roms. However only Mario64 plays flawless, every other rom i have plays laggy or with some visual problems. Any ideas how i can fix this? Updated glide64, any settings? Thanks.

pandamoan

Banned
EGEditor said:
I downloaded it yesterday, it does seem to be the best, saving is simple, forcefeedback and compatable with alot more roms. However only Mario64 plays flawless, every other rom i have plays laggy or with some visual problems. Any ideas how i can fix this? Updated glide64, any settings? Thanks.

this is a problem of your cpu which is quite old.

www.pricewatch.com may yield for you a cheap new motherboard with an athlon.

just swap those babies out!

good luck!

jamie

OP
E

EGEditor

EGE Online Webmaster
pandamoan said:
this is a problem of your cpu which is quite old.

www.pricewatch.com may yield for you a cheap new motherboard with an athlon.

just swap those babies out!

good luck!

jamie

I wish it were that easy and just get a new computer, im already saving for one. But i am going to build it myself and make it a true monster. I have compared the AMD to the P4 in many tests and the P4 is a much better chip. This machine isnt that old and actually a good machine in most respects. Its a emonster 500 and was built for gaming, granted its OLD now but still is a good computer now-a-days. Also thank you for the advice, but i can get any computer part at cost anyways.

pandamoan

Banned
EGEditor said:
I wish it were that easy and just get a new computer, im already saving for one. But i am going to build it myself and make it a true monster. I have compared the AMD to the P4 in many tests and the P4 is a much better chip. This machine isnt that old and actually a good machine in most respects. Its a emonster 500 and was built for gaming, granted its OLD now but still is a good computer now-a-days. Also thank you for the advice, but i can get any computer part at cost anyways.

go ahead and get a p4 if you must, but you can save for half as long and have flawless emulation and other games on an amd based machine. what i mean is: you will save ALOT of money.

jamie.

OP
E

EGEditor

EGE Online Webmaster
pandamoan said:
go ahead and get a p4 if you must, but you can save for half as long and have flawless emulation and other games on an amd based machine. what i mean is: you will save ALOT of money.

jamie.

I must, i appricate the advice but the p4 is a much better chip, its not underclocked like the AMD (meaning if you have a 1.8 it doesnt run as a 1.5) I know, i built an AMD based machine for my final test when i was training to become a computer tech. Now i am not saying the AMD is a bad chip, its a great chip, but i have compared both a P4 and AMD at 2.0 ghz and the P4 did better performance wise (and i pushed both to the limits) So i appreciate the advice, but when i get the money i dont need to save any.

1. computers and computer parts are the cheapest they ever have been here.

2. i can get my computer parts, built it and repair it all myself meaning i save more there.

3. i cant spend any on myself yet, i need to spend on parts for people that bring thier computers to me.

straight

EGEditor, should probably move this discussion to 1964 board (or you could send me a PM), but what games are you having troubles with? Have you tried NeTo's HiP? That gives me a significant performance boost on my system.

OP
E

EGEditor

EGE Online Webmaster
Yes your right, this thread went way off my first post, but since i found saving flawless on 1964 (and pj64) i sorta went to them. So if the mod or anyone is upset about this i'm sorry, i'm still learning about n64 emus and testing them. Took me about a year to find a great SNES emu, but i am lucky i tried GENS first for genesis emulation. So this will be my final post on this board, but i will be around on the 1964 one. I am downloading NeTo's HiP, it looks to be the answer i need. And i will tell you the visual problems i have had in a pm. Since we do infact have similar machines maybe you have run into this as well.

I also have some advice of my own for any n64 gamers looking for a good gamepad to use for thier computer. I used the logitech wingman cordless rumble pad (picture inclosed). It has 6 face buttons, 4 shoulder buttons and 2 analog sticks (similar to a PS2), force feedback (that works flawless in n64 emus) and truly comfy. The only problem i have found is the D pad is extra sensative. Once you get used to this, its a gamer's dream.

So thanks for the help everyone, happy gaming and i'll see ya around.