What's new

Conkers bad fur day

evil_king

This seems different to everyone elses problem. It just stops randomly. completely random in bomberman 64 and conkers bad fur day. the graphics are all fine its just that i can't far enough to save. The sound continues but graphics stop. my specs are:

amd athlon 1400mhz
512ddr 333mhz ram
nvidia geforce fx 5800 non ultra
windows millenium.

Using rices plugin changes the colours of everything and looks ugly different audio and input plugins do nothing. I checked my roms with good64 and both are usa and verified good (!).

Lex

evil_king said:
This seems different to everyone elses problem. It just stops randomly. completely random in bomberman 64 and conkers bad fur day. the graphics are all fine its just that i can't far enough to save. The sound continues but graphics stop. my specs are:

amd athlon 1400mhz
512ddr 333mhz ram
nvidia geforce fx 5800 non ultra
windows millenium.

Using rices plugin changes the colours of everything and looks ugly different audio and input plugins do nothing. I checked my roms with good64 and both are usa and verified good (!).
Wich version of pj64 do you use?, and wich OS?

OP
E

evil_king

Lex said:
I think it has to be your rom because everything else is ok.

how can the us verified rom have a problem? anyways i have tried the europe verified version and get the same problem.

Lex

evil_king said:
how can the us verified rom have a problem? anyways i have tried the europe verified version and get the same problem.
You can try to re-download the rom somewhere else.

scotty

The Great One
Conker's BFD has always had problems with many computers, your processor should cover the issues, but maybe it doesnt, I unfortunately do not run Conkers BFD on PJ64, I use 1964 just for the speed issues (I have a slower computer than you), but there are still a few problems in the game.

You're not using quick saves, are you?

Because if you are, the game can have a small error at some point in the game (even on the real N64 this can happen, but you end up saving this error over and over again), but may not do anything at all until you reach a point in the game that will trigger that error, causing the graphics to stop and the sound to re-loop any SFX's and to play the background music (meaning, your game has just crashed).

I own one N64 game that I can crash about 50% of the time on the real N64, that game is:
Star Wars Episode 1: Battle for Naboo

revl8er

That Damn Good
It's got to be a bad rom if it don't work because your specs are good enough. There aren't any real problems with conker's bad fur day on pj64 because i went through the whole game 2 times with no problems. Try and download a new rom and see if that helps.

Hyper19s

Banned
Its probaly a bug in your system {windows Me}
i yoused to have it and some of my games froze up
on me.Randomly at different times

this was a 2.0ghz celeron with a geforce 2 32mb.

try XP!
you need a different operating system Pal.