What's new

Mupen64 0.3 feedback thread

Felipe

Brazilian Translator
Good what u did in Mupen Hacktarux,i liked the fixes mainly the option to game starts on full screen ;).
Well the bugs i found here untill now are:
i cant use jabo's plugins,i copied them to plugins folder and i couldnt select them because they didnt appear on the place to change plugins.
when i started Mupen with the plugins(i deleted them later)it appeared several msgs saying that msvc....dll was not found and the reinstalation of the applicative could solve the problem,this happened when i was in the screen where i config n-rage plugin too.
when i select tr64 direct 3d and i tried to config it,it
appeared a black screen and a msg saying that Mupen 64 will be closed.

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
if you want to use jabo's plugin and it doesn't appear in the plugin list, simply copy msvcrt dll that is in pj64 folder into mupen64 one

Trotterwatch

Some quick feedback, haven't tested too much yet but what I have has ran quickly. Just been messing about with the speed limiter feature on Mario64 though, it seems to work incredibly well :) I thought it was amazing being able to slow it down to 5% of the speed right up to 200% without a hiccup.

So congrats on that feature, I'll do more testing now.

Edit:

Just tested a few other games, Goldeneye ran pretty well, around 80% of speed for most of what I played. However I daresay with a little tweaking I could probably get it higher.

I was impressed by the new feature in the RSP too, having 2 different sound plugins selected, one for the Alists and the other for the output. Not sure what the advantages are really, but I am sure someone more technical would know :)

Edit 2:

Just read the readme, so I know what the point of having the 2 sound plugins was for.

Very impressed by all of the new features.

Last edited:

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Choosing and saving of plugins used per game, access it from Rom Properties

Damn I have to go out for something now and won't get back till late, but man I can't wait to play with this feature! :)

killthegene

One Kool dude
Great to see a release so soon.

two questions:

when did you port rice's plugin? recently or have i just missed it for a long time?

also is lsd's speedlimiter included? it worked very well for me with 0.2 or is it no longer necesarry?

blight

i havent tested it yet but i'm sure it rocks ;)
also very good work on the rice port man! all the inline asm shiat would have driven me crazy :p

great work, hacktarux! :)

Felipe

Brazilian Translator
I have sound problems with F-zero,it is slow,I tried both Rsp from Mupen and Pj64 and it didnt work,until i find out this:if the game is with the "start in full screen option" enabled the sound quality is bad,when the game is running in a window,the sound quality is a little better.I tried several sound plugins too,Azimer LLE 0.50 it didnt work and the others are jabo 1.5,azimer 0.40 beta 2.azimer 030(best results i think) and basic sound plugin.
The options of Rsp from Pj64 are not saved after i close the emu(i dont know if this is a bug).
When i press Esc to "go out" of the game it shows a error message "Switching resolutions failed to initialize direct3d Error Code 887600E1" (this happens when the "start game in full screen is enabled) and created a log where is written these:
[11:56:25 AM 7/9/2003] Error 0x887600E1 - Error creating primary surface
[12:09:21 PM 7/9/2003] Error 0x887600E1 - Error creating primary surface
[12:22:17 PM 7/9/2003] Error 0x887600E1 - Error creating primary surface
[12:23:53 PM 7/9/2003] Error 0x887600E1 - Error creating primary surface
The background scenario in F-zero sometimes it shows black color or disappear for a few moments,the race itself is ok,the graphics of the circuits look better than in other emus that i remember.

ShadowPrince

Felipe said:
I have sound problems with F-zero,it is slow,I tried both Rsp from Mupen and Pj64 and it didnt work,until i find out this:if the game is with the "start in full screen option" enabled the sound quality is bad,when the game is running in a window,the sound quality is a little better.I tried several sound plugins too,Azimer LLE 0.50 it didnt work and the others are jabo 1.5,azimer 0.40 beta 2.azimer 030(best results i think) and basic sound plugin.
Works fine on my machine . I get constant 60 fps with perfect sound.
Try to use Jabo Direct3D6 1.5 , Jabo DirectSound 1.5 and Hacktarux audio hle rsp plugin should process alists inside rsp.

Felipe said:
The options of Rsp from Pj64 are not saved after i close the emu(i dont know if this is a bug).
Partly it was a bug in the Mupen,thanks for report, fixed.
But some of rsp options still not saved,i checked in Pj64 and it saves only "CPU core style" and "Send Audio Lists to Audio plugin" options.I guess it was designed that way.

Felipe said:
When i press Esc to "go out" of the game it shows a error message "Switching resolutions failed to initialize direct3d Error Code 887600E1" (this happens when the "start game in full screen is enabled) and created a log where is written these:
[11:56:25 AM 7/9/2003] Error 0x887600E1 - Error creating primary surface
[12:09:21 PM 7/9/2003] Error 0x887600E1 - Error creating primary surface
[12:22:17 PM 7/9/2003] Error 0x887600E1 - Error creating primary surface
[12:23:53 PM 7/9/2003] Error 0x887600E1 - Error creating primary surface
The background scenario in F-zero sometimes it shows black color or disappear for a few moments,the race itself is ok,the graphics of the circuits look better than in other emus that i remember.

In case of such errors will be helpfull if you provide more information,such as what plugins you're using,and if Pj64 or 1964 works correctly with same configuration of plugins on your machine.

Felipe

Brazilian Translator
Quote:
Works fine on my machine . I get constant 60 fps with perfect sound.
Try to use Jabo Direct3D6 1.5 , Jabo DirectSound 1.5 and Hacktarux audio hle rsp plugin should process alists inside rsp.

I tried what you sugested including run F-zero in Pj64 and it ran more or less well,but I saw and remembered that when I press Esc,Mupen goes to a window and the msg "Switching resolutions failed to initialize direct3d Error Code 887600E1" this msg shows to you press the Ok key,when i click on it,the Ok key stays pressed(the msg doesnt disappear) and the sound runs well.

Last edited:

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Weird... the Windows port isn't working for me at _all_. I start any game, then the Mupen window loses focus and Mupen locks up hard. It doesn't matter what video plugin I use. I tried using it as packaged - with Azimer's Audio 0.40b2 and TR64 OpenGL - same thing.

Any ideas?

WinXP Pro, ATi All-in-Wonder 9700 Pro, Catalyst 3.7.

BTW, 1964 still works fine, so I don't think it's the new drivers.

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
it looks like on some computers, tr64 plugin isn't working... try with another plugin to see if it works better....

Clements

I get the same problem as The Khan Artist with the Windows port. I click on a rom, the %-age load goes up to 100% and then the emu loses focus and then locks up with any game.

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
The Khan Artist said:
I've tried TR64 D3d & OpenGL, Jabo's D3D, and glN64. All crash.

Try to put this dll in mupen64 folder, then run it with debug logging enabled and copy content of the log in this thread.

I'm almost sure it's a gui problem so i'll probably need to wait shadowprince to check this out.... but anyway try to give some infos with this tool maybe it'll be usefull

Clements

Code:
(Info)	[00:13:57] Debugger Started...
(Info)	[00:13:57] No command line params specified
(Info)	[00:13:57] Mupen64 - Nintendo 64 emulator - GUI mode
(Info)	[00:14:04] 
(Warning)	[00:14:04] Starting rom : Super Mario 64 (U) [!] 
(Info)	[00:14:04] Creating emulation thread....
(Info)	[00:14:04] Emu thread : Start
(Info)	[00:14:04] Init memory....
(Info)	[00:14:04] Loading plugins....
(Info)	[00:14:04] Rom open gfx....
(Info)	[00:14:04] Rom open input....
(Info)	[00:14:04] Rom open audio....
(Info)	[00:14:04] Emu thread : Creating sound thread...
(Info)	[00:14:04] Emu thread : Emulation started....
(Info)	[00:14:05] Pause emulation

Above is the log I recieve before the lock-up. Using TR64 OpenGL 0.86 and the rest of the settings left default.

Trotterwatch

Just tested IcePir8s GL plugin on this WinXP machine with the latest Mupen, worked fine (using Catalyst 3.7 drivers).

Edit:

Just added my debug log, in case that helps diagnose where the problem lies for other users (I doubt you'll need it though).

Last edited: