What's new

Contest: N64 Adaptoid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin

Administrator
To make you a little happier for not being able to access your favorite emulation news site the last few days (yes, emulation64 :p) I thought I'd throw a contest. I joined a contest similar to this at Swedish hardware site, thanks for letting me steal the idea. ;)

The prize:
The winner takes home a brand new N64 Adaptoid, worth $30! In case you just want an Adaptoid quick and cheap without joining this contest, check out our Adaptoids on eBay, you can get one much cheaper than retail.

How to enter the contest:
Submit a picture of your own, actual computer to this thread. You -must- attach it, don't link it to another server because if it goes down we can't view your submission, I can't stress this enough. Anyway, I'll attach mine as a demo. Sorry about the quality, took it with my phone. :p

Please keep the image below 1024x768 and 100 KB so it will be easier to people to browse the thread. The top 10 pictures will be selected by our staff and put in a public poll. The contest will close for new entries on Sunday september 7, 10 PM GMT, so hurry up. The public poll will be open one week exactly. Staff are allowed to join, but cannot vote for their own picture. You may only submit one picture. Go on, tell your friends to join too. :w00t:

I hope you will all enjoy this contest, have fun! Keep in mind, originality probably wins some votes. :)

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
This is the latest one I have, the desk is now a lot bigger the monitor on the right, case in the center big ass fan for keeping me cool, SNES, big ass speaker system....ehmm I'm going on a bit :D

And don't make fun of me, that brown envelope is one hell of a mouse pad for a optical mouse :p

Last edited:

XS Guile

Tireur d'élite
My latest computer on my new desk from "IKEA" :w00t:
( you can see the private ryan dvd on the top of my screen ;) )

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
too bad i don't have a numeric camera.... lol
how to say that.... i have the typical programmer's desk
computer case open, CD everywhere outside their case, can't see the desk's color because there are paper everywhere... i gotta find a camera :p

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
No one has double monitors? Yeesh, Installing Camera Software now, THEN you get to see a monstrosity. (and by monstrosity i mean my desk is a mess, not that my computer pwnz j00.

Here's my long setup.

Please note: My setup run's most of my wall, so I couldn't fit my whole setup in just one image, so I did a three in one image but this image doesn't justify my setup.

Top: Work/PC gaming area
Bottom left: Entertainment area
Bottom right: Just a close up of my PC, Sub & Police Scanner <- just so I know if the cop's are coming to get me :shifty:

Edit: I forgot to add that you can't see the green LED in the vent of my PC, but it's there, nothing big.

Last edited:

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Here's my setup, though theres a couple things not in that picture. (Printer, scanner, half a dozen game pads, a couple more speakers, an assload of software, etc.)

Also, my PSX/N64 USB is STICKY TACKED to the top of my tower, as to stop it from moving. Theres an XBOX pad with a USB cord wired in right out of the picture.....(should of thought of that before taking the pic.)

2fast4u

i thought id show you guys something different just for change, here is my router in its cozy basement home ;) :p

DK64

Heres mine..sounds like Hacktarux' setup is similar to mine..notice my celeron on the floor (acts as a router/server when i need to test stuff)..notice how my comp has NO real case..yea..the rest is self explainatory really..

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Pardon the image quality please... On the right you can see my stereo, my cd collection, and a glimpse of the TV that stands above the stereo. On the left you see, well, a PC. Now, if you look at the monitor, you can see what's above (and and a bit more to the right) the PC, i.e my TV, the left stereo speaker, and the fan, which is extremely important in this fucking hot summer :D

EDIT : removed the second pic, it didn't have the PC in it anyway...

Last edited:

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
Haven't posted here for ages, but macca insisted I post this. Anyway, not only do I have a clear case, a cathode tube and LED fan (not pictured), and I won it at a LAN. Yes, I am a total geek.

Last edited:

Gorxon

Administrator
Here is a pic of mine (well, one of mine anyways). I made it myself this spring to use at concerts and stuff...Its basically an aluminium (well, wood with aluminium cover :doh: ) suitcase, which I made into a full portable computer. I have pictured of how it looks closed too but as this is one picture only thread here it goes (sorry about the quality, pic is taken with my phone...):

Remote

Perhaps it was intended that you should post pics of your own computer setup, not somebodys elses.... ;)

DocUK

This is the horrible clutter i sit in front of every day. Something like 20 CDs have gone missing in it at the moment.

I want to wish everyone who submitted images good luck :D
I could sure use that adaptoid!

By the way, please don't make fun of my dad of the year trophy :)

Joachim

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.