What's new

Final Fantasy Advance Tactics

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Is out incase anyone is wondering. Got it this morning, don't ask me where, just alerting the public that you can now find the ROM.

Graphics are sweet as hell, its like an SNES on speed. Vivid Color, Insane Detail.

Sound is just as good.

I'm honestly not a fan of the FF series of games, so I'm not OVERLY interested, but it seems like it could be fun if I kept at it.

Anyways, Happy Hunting and playing should you find it.

smegforbrain

I was checking out the European/Eurasian? version awhile back. It does look really good.

Too bad I've still yet to really play the original Tactics game on my PSX. ;)

OP
Hexidecimal

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
I played it again on VBA for a while last night, (BTW Eurasia posted the save fix today at www.gba-nfo.com) After I figured out how to add more people then two to your battle party, I enjoyed the game, going into the third mission now, it's defintaly one I can see myself playing all the way through.

My95ZR2

You will on a flash card. If I understand correctly, it uses a 128kb save, and a flash card only expects 64kb, so when it does save, it either writes it and gets over written, or just writes 64kb, and when you load it corrupts, or it throws an error and locks up...

smegforbrain

*chuckle*

They have a commercial for FF:TA on tv now.

I hate it.

It's like a commercial for Harry Potter phone sex or something.

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
I saw that commercial, it's almost as bad as the Japanese Link To The Past commercial for the SNES. I own the cart and I love it, it's not nearly as good as the original but hey, you can't play it on the shitter can you?

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
smegforbrain said:
Well, if you have an actual GBA you can.

A laptop might get a little warm for the legs though. :)

I was talking about the original Tactics. :p

Anybody else notice some slowdown in the cart?

Old gil

"And you might drop the GBA... A laptop would require some talent to end up down there."

its been done <_< >_> <_< but i played the PSX version it was awsome! i loved that game specially scince u could get cloud im a big FFVII fan :D i might actually buy that game for the GBA... id reconmend downloading it to anyone who is skeptical! i may actually buy this game if it turns out to be as good as the PSX one :D

trinidadian_ron

Save File Error

Hi all. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THOSE WITH SAVE FILE ERRORS!!!! I've played Final Fantasy Tactics Advance as well, and like many others, really enjoyed the game. However, I too get the same problem when it comes to saving on a flash cart. It kept getting erased or corrupted. I found a way around this though when I stumbled across My95ZR2's understanding in his post. I have an EZ Flash-2 512MB cart and I stocked it full of roms (FFTA included) and that took up a lot of RAM. So what I did was erase all the games from the cart, freeing up the RAM, and did it over with only FFTA on it and it worked well. It still seems corrupted at the save screen but it saves nonetheless. My nephew is playing it right now and he's on mission 52, so I guess it works well so far. He saves sometimes during fights so maybe that contributes to the memory holding up. I dunno. I'm not sure how other flash carts or the 126MB or 256MB carts holds up with this theory though. If you want any further information from me, e-mail me at [email protected]. Take care all.