What's new

Dolwin 0.0.7

2fast4u

Wow it seems the NGC emulator Dolwin is moving forward very quickly. Teamz on the board once again pointed to a new release :)

Changes in 0.0.7:

• added basic cache support for DVD-plugin (cache now limited to RAM size)
• smart HLE subsystem, including mapping and scan support.
• now you can unload DOL to setup again Gekko-plugin.
• added GameCube Media support (GCM, or simply ISOs)
• now Dolwin have built-in ISO-creating tool.
• fixed SPRITE demo (unhandled opcode).

Download it here.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
2fast4u

2fast4u

btw, please someone upload this to the proper location as i have no ftp access i just uploaded it to the saturn shack webspace cuz the posted download link is ultra slow.

Gorxon

Administrator
2fast4u said:
btw, please someone upload this to the proper location as i have no ftp access i just uploaded it to the saturn shack webspace cuz the posted download link is ultra slow.

Done.

I also edited your post to the new link.

bhall7

eMu fIEnd
Gorxon said:
Done.

I also edited your post to the new link.

I downloaded it, but am having a tough time finding roms (even though I know it can't play commercial roms), or any kind of demo to test it out.

Any suggestions?

aprentice

bhall7 said:
I downloaded it, but am having a tough time finding roms (even though I know it can't play commercial roms), or any kind of demo to test it out.

Any suggestions?

You better not be asking for commerical roms or you and your family will deeply regret it, if you want a demo, visit dextrose.com and download pong.

bhall7

eMu fIEnd
aprentice said:
You better not be asking for commerical roms or you and your family will deeply regret it, if you want a demo, visit dextrose.com and download pong.

No, no, no...please don't interpret my post to be a request for roms! I simply am wanting to test it out, but can't find any material to do that with. I'm looking for the demos.

M

mainframe19

it still don't run mazev.3 , just gives me an error.

M

mainframe19

i think it's mising the z button on the controler!

and i get this pop up box saying no support...gamecube intro/menu emulation not yet available.please, use "high-level bs2" what is high-level bs2 ???

Last edited:
M

mainframe19

it says it runs freeloader!but when i load the iso

it just does nothing.it says it runs xrick demo but i only get awhite screen, and than it just keeps doing showing that.

s|rens

till the end of time
Hey, not trying to be rude but didn't 0.0.7 come out in like August?? Because i checked my files and i already have it.

Last edited:
M

mainframe19

so just stateing a fact that it don't run freeloader, cause i have the freeloader iso.and it don't run it as it says in the read me.txt file

Quvack

mainframe19 said:
so just stateing a fact that it don't run freeloader, cause i have the freeloader iso.and it don't run it as it says in the read me.txt file

As a actual fact, it does run Freeloader. You must be doing something incorrectly or have a false/bad iso.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gorxon

Administrator
Quvack said:
As a actual fact, it does run Freeloader. You must be doing something incorrectly or have a false/bad iso.

Oh my...I edited your post instead of replying...sorry bout that.

To run freeloader you have to enable the "freeloader fix" (cant remember what its called) in Options/Gekko.

M

mainframe19

i have the one starcube dumped.i checked every option in dolwin0.07 but still same thing.and still the xrick demo just sits there at a white screen.

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
I got pong but it's really choppy and whenever I try to put in anything for the controls F9 pops into it for every single button. Just too early on in development or am I doing something wrong?