What's new

Giri Giri - so close *rips hair out* help!!!

Thaddeus

This is my first post here and i found this board due to my woes with Giri Giri (which i'm sure are caused by the fact that i am not the most technically minded of people :doh: ).

Well i downloaded the "naughty" version of GG. I've ripped my copy of PD Zwei onto my hard drive using clone CD ( which gave me 4 files, a BIN file, a Cue file, a SUB file and a CCD file). Now i've tried to run gentoc on the cue file but it doesn't seem to work, i just get a brief flash of the program (one second if that) and then nothing else. I think this is probably what causes the problem the trouble is i don't know how to fix it . I can get the emulator running (i get the whole logo and menu thing coming up). But a message reads "disc not suitable for system". The area is correct (12 for a PAL game).

I'm really tearing my hair out over this so i was just wondering if any of you out there could give me some sage-like advice :D

Thanks!

madfredtk

Proud Frenchman
You could try this little frontend. It solved all my problems with GiriGiri

Last edited:
OP
T

Thaddeus

Thanks a lot. Thanks to that tool i gained new vigour for finding what the hell i was doing wrong and guess what? I found out what it was.

The CUE file created by cloneCD doesn't work with gentoc so on a hunch i downloaded cdrwin 3.9c and used that instead. The CUE file i got from that worked first time with gentoc and before i knew it i was playing PD Zwei on my computer!! In glorious high resolution!! :holiday:

Is there any way to spice the graphics up even more or does GG not have any options for graphical tweaking?

And the great thing is that aside from a few sound glitches (minor ones at that). It runs perfectly with music, sound effects and everything with no slowdown!! Thank god i stuck with it!!

Last edited: