What's new

Worms/virii

Martin

Administrator
Due to these cursed worms, the server crashed a couple of times yesterday. Why? Believe it or not, but they filled the server's harddrive with insane amounts of e-mails, causing the server to run out of disk space and crashing. Redah cleared out a couple of gigabytes, but it didn't take many hours until we ran out of space again. So, as a temporary solution, we've stopped the mail server for now. I'll let you know when the mail server is back up. Sorry for the inconvenience.

smegforbrain

Martin said:
Redah cleared out a couple of gigabytes, but it didn't take many hours until we ran out of space again.

Holy crap.

I'd heard of people receiving dozens and dozens of those virus spam emails, but gigabytes worth?

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
smegforbrain said:
Holy crap.

I'd heard of people receiving dozens and dozens of those virus spam emails, but gigabytes worth?
Yea, gigabytes. My one [email protected] account was getting around 50 virii every 20 mins, at 100kb a pop it begins to add up after an hour or two; now multiply that by howmany *@emulation64.com accounts there are, it hurts :p

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
You know, I have yet to ever be hit by a single one of these widespread net worms that all of the other win users keep getting over the last 5 years :happy:

ra5555

N64 Newbie
man... just this few days my yahoo mail box is filled with Virus Emails, and every single one is the W32.Sobig.F@mm worm.

Davemc

Dave
AlphaWolf said:
You know, I have yet to ever be hit by a single one of these widespread net worms that all of the other win users keep getting over the last 5 years :happy:

Or me. :arabia:

Remote

Dito here, although some of my mail accounts have felt this one and my nat got approx 500 requests per day so eventhough I didn't get it, I felt it...

smegforbrain

I got one of those "Microsoft update patch" emails with the trojan attachment today, but I get one of those every couple of weeks anyways.

linker

Emutalk Member
Strange... now when the mail server is stopped i don't recieve viruses any more (more than 10 every day).. btw my email is not related to emulation64 in any way... i remember when the server was stopped before for some reason and i did not recieve any of them as well... i guess some guy that have email in emulation64 is infected... PLEASE check your comps regulary.. f-prot is free