What's new

Paper Mario crashes (randomly?)

NrgSpoon

Trying out Paper Mario, but it seems to crash at random points in the game, usually during scene changes.. or when SOMETHING new is supposed to appear, like when I use an item. It's most likely a random error, because if I load an old state and get there again, it goes.

I'm wondering if there are some optimum plugins I should use for this game, because I've noticed right now there are also a few graphics errors. The menu textures are garbled when you switch options, and there's one point in the intro when you meet up with Bowser where you can only see the character silhouette in black. And I think the only other error I noticed was the "Prologue" only showed the rainbow bg.

Clements

Don't overuse save states as N64 ones are very unreliable and easily get corrupted, causing crashes. Play from your last in-game save, and stop using the save states.

In my opinion, Glide64 0.42 offers the best experience with the game, with just minor graphical errors here and there which don't bother me. Just turn the buffering swap method to hybrid in the Glide64 settings.

You'll need eVoodoo (Use the 3.99 Beta version) if you are not using a Voodoo graphics card. Check the thread here that details how to use it:

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=14283&page=1

romanemul

me too but.....

i solve this problem

save game just one sec before it freezes get a copy of save state into another dir(just copy of the state) . save it and load .reply this command untill u get through the freezing scene.

this work too when the screen get black (between the screens).

reply if works