What's new

Controller issue -- Directional pad not working?

huffma

I was a able to configure all the buttons on my 'Gravis Gamepad Pro' with the exception of the directional pad(up, down, left, right)...

All the buttons work great I just have to use the keyboard to move... I tried flipping the mouse control off/on, but that did not seem to help....

Here is my configuration for controller 0:
[controller 0]
plugged=1
mempak=0
mouse=0
device=0
DPad R=key( 275 ); button( None ); axis( 0+ ); hat( None , None ); mouse( None )
DPad L=key( 276 ); button( None ); axis( 0+ ); hat( None , None ); mouse( None )
DPad D=key( 274 ); button( None ); axis( 1+ ); hat( None , None ); mouse( None )
DPad U=key( 273 ); button( None ); axis( 1+ ); hat( None , None ); mouse( None )
Start=key( 13 ); button( 9 ); axis( None ); hat( None , None ); mouse( None )
Z Trig=key( 304 ); button( 8 ); axis( None ); hat( None , None ); mouse( None )
B Button=key( 97 ); button( 0 ); axis( None ); hat( None , None ); mouse( None )
A Button=key( 122 ); button( 1 ); axis( None ); hat( None , None ); mouse( None )
C Button R=key( 99 ); button( 5 ); axis( None ); hat( None , None ); mouse( None )
C Button L=key( 115 ); button( 3 ); axis( None ); hat( None , None ); mouse( None )
C Button D=key( 120 ); button( 2 ); axis( None ); hat( None , None ); mouse( None )
C Button U=key( 100 ); button( 4 ); axis( None ); hat( None , None ); mouse( None )
R Trig=key( 308 ); button( 7 ); axis( None ); hat( None , None ); mouse( None )
L Trig=key( 306 ); button( 6 ); axis( None ); hat( None , None ); mouse( None )
Y Axis=key( 273 , 274 ); button( None , None ); axis( 1 ); hat( None , None , None )
X Axis=key( 276 , 275 ); button( None , None ); axis( 0 ); hat( None , None , None )

Please advise.............

OP
H

huffma

Controller

blight said:
which version of the plugin do you use? 0.0.7-b?

First tried 0.0.7-b then tried 0.0.7-c.
I have attached a screen shot of the config area, maybe you can spot what I have done wrong..

I have tried the controller on 'The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time' and it works with the exception of the directional pad.
I then tried it on 'Mario party' and when you are on the area select the controller actually worked, but when you went into an area it no longer worked?????

Is this because of the anaolog stick is on/off?? for certain things???
Should/does the controller handle both the directional and analog stick controls?

blight

hm? i don't understand what you mean...
DPad R=key( 275 ); button( None ); axis( 0+ ); hat( None , None ); mouse( None )
DPad L=key( 276 ); button( None ); axis( 0+ ); hat( None , None ); mouse( None )
DPad D=key( 274 ); button( None ); axis( 1+ ); hat( None , None ); mouse( None )
DPad U=key( 273 ); button( None ); axis( 1+ ); hat( None , None ); mouse( None )

look there... you use 1+ and 0+ twice...
maybe DPad D should be 1- and DPad R 0- (the number is the axis number from your controller and the +/- is the direction in which the axis needs to be moved to "trigger" the button)

OP
H

huffma

Controller

blight said:
hm? i don't understand what you mean...

look there... you use 1+ and 0+ twice...
maybe DPad D should be 1- and DPad R 0- (the number is the axis number from your controller and the +/- is the direction in which the axis needs to be moved to "trigger" the button)

I have changed the directional pad config as you have asked....and nothing changes... I suppose I will just have to put some debug code(printf) in your plugin and see what it is actually doing when I push on the x/y axis(up,down,left,right).

Is there anything else you can suggest??????

blight

there are some printfs in there! you need to define DEBUG or _DEBUG or something.... the configure script should have an --enable-debug option which does that for you!

jollyrancher

I'm having a similar problem. My Gravis Eliminator used to work with analog and directional and then when I went to DirectX9a the d-pad won't work anymore and you can't configure it. I guess you're using Red Hat and I don't know much about it... that could be the reason, but I do know that it used to work.

blight

DirectX?
if you have probs with the analog stick of your gamepad (usually also digital pads are analog sticks to the pc) use 0.0.8 please!