What's new

Majoras Mask Unexpected Restarts

LegendOfLink

Hero of Hyrule
Hi,
When i play Majoras Mask during the part where you learn Eponas Song till where your waiting till 2:30am my pc restarts by itself i have tried scanning my pc for the blaster virus with many antivirus' and it dont show up with it got any suggestions how i could fix it or how i could prevent it. Thanks

:n64:

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
It's extremely doubtful that PJ64 is making WinXP restart...unfortunately that's all I can say right now...

OP
LegendOfLink

LegendOfLink

Hero of Hyrule
Ive just tried another Rom and it does the same thing which seems to be during around the same time :(, and it does only restart whilst i am currently in game. Whats up?

Clements

I've not had this problem with PJ64 but I sometimes had a similar problem with ZSnes. I suggest as a workaround you switch to a different emulator and use a different graphics plugin (all work reasonably well with MM) to the one you use now. Hopefully it won't restart.

If it does still, then a bad rom is likely, so scan it with GoodN64 (available in the Misc section at the bottom of emutalk) to make sure the rom is good.

Clements

If you use PJ64 switch to 1964, or if you use 1964, switch to PJ64. You'll have to rename your save file accordingly (they are compatible)

OP
LegendOfLink

LegendOfLink

Hero of Hyrule
1964 is very crap, it goes really really slow im not too sure what to do, either put up with my game restarting or gameplay stuttering so much, why isnt no one else getting this? :(

Smiff

Emutalk Member
erm, if your system is restarting there's sommmat wrong with your system.. that means hardware or OS (including drivers!).. it is not possible for an application to be blamed... especially not a ROM!

but you know, writing "sumut" for your specs makes them about as helpful as mine.

OP
LegendOfLink

LegendOfLink

Hero of Hyrule
But.. you say it must be my pc, how comes it only happens whilst im in pj64? neway some specs:

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer SiS
System Model 730S
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD ~1526 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 062710, 15/07/1997
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB
Total Virtual Memory 1.47 GB

Hope thats enuff ;)

Smiff

Emutalk Member
why it happens with pj64: cos pj64 is hitting sommat in your system

what' wrong with your system: hard to say.. check you have all latest drivers, directX and MS patches (SP and Windows Update patches). Then check for hardware errors like overheating, bad memory, lose cables, bad BIOS settings and such like.

jollyrancher

If it were bad drivers or bad memory the computer would probably just freeze. I'd say that it's probably overheating. My old computer used to do this and it took me forever to realize that the problem was overheating. N64 emulation takes more processing power that 95% of programs. On your system the processor will constantly be going 100%.

Last edited:

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
You may gather some information about what causes the problem by checking the Xp's Event Viewer (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tr...chnol/winxppro/proddocs/snap_event_viewer.asp).
The system logs could luckily provide information on what's failing in your system (especially if the problem is related to drivers or system files).

More info on the event logger can be found on http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/wxpevent.htm

As the logs could tell you problem, but not the solution, you can at least have more information at hand that can lead into one.

OP
LegendOfLink

LegendOfLink

Hero of Hyrule
My Drivers are all up to date, Left Computer off tonight temperature was around 8oC lower but still i have the problems and its seems to be more random now... :S