What's new

Caustik (CXBX Author)'s Xeon Response

apexad

Well, first off, I'd like to point out that I still have my doubts, but I am now persuaded that Xeon is real. Of course the best persuader of all would be the person working on the other xbox emulator, enter caustik.

<font class=post_quote> I am sure by now most of you have heard of the new xbox emulator just released, named "Xeon". From the screenshots I have seen, it is very impressive. Halo is apparently playable, although I have not been able to verify this myself. I hope that _SF_ will contact kingofc and myself, so that we can work together to get playable games happening very quickly. This is very exciting news for the emulation scene, and I want congratulate _SF_ on his work.

Recently, two of my hard drives became corrupted, and I lost alot of data. I hope to recover this data very soon so I can continue work on Cxbx. In the meantime, enjoy the new toy, and look forward to seeing Halo supported by Cxbx in the near future!</font>

zig

Why is it that emulator authors are always getting their hard drives corrupted? I've been using computers for 10 years and I've never had a corrupted hard drive.. yet there seem to be so many stories of lost projects due to hard drive crashes... what the heck?

Teamz

J'aime tes seins
shit happens

I lost my hard drive twice .. once because my power supply died and the other time because norton speed disk fucked all my data

smegforbrain

A computer my dad used to have had the hdd die after a year. Don't recall the brand.

My previous computer had it's hdd only last 2 years, and that was a Western Digital. I knew i was coming though so I had bought a 20gig WD to prepare, then they replaced the original 6giger since it was still under warranty.
That one ended up getting send to a friend who needed a new hdd.

WD's seem to be pretty good though. I think I've got one in this new comp too (60gig)... might pick up another though, as this one is filling fast.