What's new

FPS prolem...

KOKObeans

FPS problem...

Do any of you guys know what option enables you to speed up you FPS? I think I accidentally unchecked that box somehow, and I can't seem to fix it. Please help

Last edited:

Remote

Press F4 and it should go away, press it again and it's back:p

Btw, look at the smiley / sign in your signature. What does it say? And more importantly how is it spelled?

OP
K

KOKObeans

Remote,
I tried that and it didn't work. I forgot to say that I'm using jabo's ver. 1.5. Can anybody hlep me?

Remote

Ok, check your sound plugin and see if you checked sync game to audio, if yes uncheck it and press F4...

Options -> Configure sound plugin -> Uncheck sync game to audio

OP
K

KOKObeans

remote:
I did that and it work for most of my games but it doesn't work with mario golf. The other day, mario golf was working fine, and I remember changing a few settings and now it's back down to 20-30 FPS. Can you help me?

Remote

Go to the "uninstall" folder in your Project64 folder. Click "remove all pj64 settings" and then install it again. Now everything should be back to the way it came, and in someways was intended to be ;)

Remote

Basiclly, with you computer setup most games should run more or less flawless and fullspeed. So you might want to mess around with your framebuffer to see if it's on, if it is. Turn it off. But I hope that you are aware that most games doesn't run faster then 20-25 fps on the real thing...

A_Cow

do you know if there is anyway to get my regular 100fps? right now im getting about 60 and vsink is off (i dono bout that sink audio thing though)

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
A_Cow said:
do you know if there is anyway to get my regular 100fps? right now im getting about 60 and vsink is off (i dono bout that sink audio thing though)

Technically speaking you shouldn't get more than 60fps or the game will go too fast. =) N64 games generally sample on a per-frame basis, meaning the faster the frame rate, the faster the game itself runs (is where the term slowdown comes from).