What's new

GTK2 Mupen64 0.2 Project (ver 0.1)

mojo

I get annoyed with GTK GUI so I spent much time developing the GTK2 GUI for Mupen64. My project begin with version 0.09. Then I grabbed newest version 0.2 and continued developing on it. Here is the outcome, version 0.1. The only thing of this GTK2 version is BUGGY!!!. It works really unstably on my RedHat (seg. fault error) and it doesn't run at all on my sister's SuSE 8.1. I will not release the GTK2 to public yet, I will do it when my version get more stable. I hope receiving feedback from user about this version. Here are screenshots:

OP
mojo

mojo

If you can't see the images on this forums, point your mouse at these links:

EDIT:
Links removed, i think it's an error so i won't blame you this time, but don't forget to check next time...
I'll ask Martin what happen with the attachements and i'll tell you when you'll be able to post them again.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
mojo

mojo

That's my host link. When I upload the pic, it not show up on the forum.

blight

IMO this would create to many incompatibilities between the gtk+-1.2 and 2.0 versions (and i have already ported my gui to gtk+-2.0 - of course it looks like when compiled against 1.2)

if you want to improve the gui, patch it and send me some patch or let me know (yeah i know i'm a lazy ass...)
writing a gui in some script language as frontend to mupen - have you ever tried the nogui version? doesn't work with gtk plugins...
also mupen64-0.2's gui supports --fullscreen switch on the commandline and maybe also --nogui (not sure about this atm) and you can also give a rom file name which will be opened and ran (this is usually called file manager integration ;))
:cyclops:

OP
mojo

mojo

I haven't tried the no GUI version at all. I'll check the nogui when I have free time. I will keep doing on my project, when I got a stable version, I'll send you a patch for sure. Keep up good work Mupen64.

OP
mojo

mojo

Soz...I haven't read. I'll see what I can do to improve the GUI. Nice work, blight.

OP
mojo

mojo

So... only you can make it work blight, you're the one who port those plugin into Linux. I think this thread should end here, again, I wish you are always in best mood to develop Mupen64.