What's new

Hey Imagine A Zelda Movie!!!!!

gokuss4

Meh...
WELL I CREATED A PETITION ON IT!!! at petition online and it will be active december 31st 2001 and will end december 31 2002 :) well post your comments about it here and how you would like it :)!

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
There was a movie about Zelda once (wasn't that great though)
but you never know if it might come.

blizz

I remember the Mario movie, Zelda doesn't have a story that would translate to a movie well,

Kakarot

It could be good but...

I'd love to hear the dialog! I mean Link is practically mute in all of the zelda games. His speech would be mostly limted to: ha! heh! heeyah! And I can see Navi yelling "Hey Leeesten!" LOL. But anyways let's cast some people who would play the parts for fun.

Here's my cast (Everyone list yours too!)

Link: Leonardo Dicaprio (I hate him but he came to mind first)
Zelda: Britney Spears (for the hell of it)
Navi: Julia Robets (played Tinkerbell in "Hook")
Ganondorf/Ganon: Dwayne Johnson "The Rock"
Deku Tree: James Earl Jones
Mido: Vern Troyer "Minni-me"

Not sure about other characters. I'll list them as I go.

RPGlover12

well here is my list
1 link : tom hanks
2 zelda : cameron diaz
3 gandordof(hope i spelled him right) : the rock

i can't of any other now
but i think its goo d
;)

me_is_dumb

I dont think A zelda movie would be possible. Story is way to weird but it might be possible for a animated movie about Zeldaor or maybe a 3d animated movie.

Dr.Zoidberg

if they made a movie, they should do it live action, with nods to the games stories, maybe with recurring minor characters.
like Lord of the Rings, in that movie, some little things were cut, but there was still small references to them.

Dr.Zoidberg

actually, I was thinking, and I reckon it would be cool for some fans to make their own movie.
there's plenty of talented people out there in the online community who could probably make it work.

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
movies and games should not co-exist with each-other. all attempts have failed. games dont make good movies and movies dont make good games. it's alwayse been like that.
why dont you people ever learn that!?

yogaman

Banned
Why not a zelda movie.... there was a FF movie (BAD) ..a mario movie (WORSE) and now ....well a zelda (******) ...??

okay, the story is complex .... i doubt that it will be a success, zelda has really achieved a name in the game industry... but is it known enough too drive people into the cinema ?? Imagin commericals with : now playing zelda ...80% would go saying: what a freakin' name, what a bs / 18% maby ...ah yes, I know it from the consoles...maby I'll check it out / and only the remaining 2% are fanatics (refering to blizz) ...they'll watch it for sure...... ;)

Kakarot

games dont make good movies and movies dont make good games

Ok the first part is mostly true with the only exception being Tomb Raider but it was good not great. As far as movies to games I have one word for you.....GOLDENEYE! even though many LAZY developers try to sell games on its license alone. *See Superman64 for details*

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
B*A*G*G said:
movies and games should not co-exist with each-other. all attempts have failed. games dont make good movies and movies dont make good games. it's alwayse been like that.
why dont you people ever learn that!?

Kakarot said:
Ok the first part is mostly true with the only exception being Tomb Raider but it was good not great. As far as movies to games I have one word for you.....GOLDENEYE! even though many LAZY developers try to sell games on its license alone. *See Superman64 for details*

generally BAGG is right, with the exception of GoldenEye (no TR was not a good movie), movies dont make good games and vice versa. Just think about the nature of each media and u'll understand.

Kakarot, i am not aware of any Superman Cartoon movie, is it good?

Kakarot

Kakarot, i am not aware of any Superman Cartoon movie, is it good?

There is no Superman cartoon movie based video game. I was just using an example of how game companies use a license like a movie to sell a game that no effort was put into. Superman64 has to have been one of THE WORST GAMES OF ALL TIME! for this very reason.

P.S. Let's not forget that Rouge Leader (another great movie based game) is based on the Star Wars movies. The bottom line is a game that's original or licensed based can be great but game turned into a movie is almost always just plain bad.