What's new

refresh rate on zsnes buggered!!!!help!!!

blackstar

can anyone help! ive been having lots of fun with the zsnes emulator but i ended up playing with the screen resolution while playing raiden , and i set it to high!(changed it to 1200x760 or there abouts ,was set at 800x600) the screen went all black and the monitor light flashes on and off,it cant handle the new resolution which is fine,but now i cant get it 2 go back 2 normal!is there any way i can change it back?now i cant play any roms cause everytime u load up zsnes, it just goes black!

any help would be greatly appreciated!

thanks guys!

Clements

Delete both of the config files, and then open ZSnes. If that don't work, open up zsnesw.cfg and change the video mode to 6 and save the changes.

OP
B

blackstar

Clements said:
Delete both of the config files, and then open ZSnes. If that don't work, open up zsnesw.cfg and change the video mode to 6 and save the changes.

thanks , but when i try 2 open the file it says windows canot open the file,i need to download a program from somewhere?

Clements

blackstar said:
thanks , but when i try 2 open the file it says windows canot open the file,i need to download a program from somewhere?

No. Just open the file with notepad.

OP
B

blackstar

i did that ,but when i load zsnes up it still goes "pc display setting correct?" and the screen stays dark?am i doing sumthing wrong??

OP
B

blackstar

almost there!

Clements said:
No. Just open the file with notepad.

sorry 2 keep bothering u !ive opened notepad and dragged the file into it.it says next 2 video 0-32 so i deleted it and put 6 as u said.how do i put it back in now?sorry!!!

OP
B

blackstar

Clements said:
Just save it and put it in the ZSnes directory.
how do i get it in there though?i think ive done sumthing wrong, now when u open up the supernintendo file just under the zsnesw.exe file is the zsnesw.cfg file but its got a picture of the notebook next 2 it,how do i get the file out of notebook and back to normal?looks like ill owe u big time here...oops

OP
B

blackstar

blackstar said:
how do i get it in there though?i think ive done sumthing wrong, now when u open up the supernintendo file just under the zsnesw.exe file is the zsnesw.cfg file but its got a picture of the notebook next 2 it,how do i get the file out of notebook and back to normal?looks like ill owe u big time here...oops

man this sucks,ive managed to stuff it up more than it was before...

Clements

It's better for it to be associated with notepad as you can just double click to edit the file. I seriously wouldn't bother changing the icon back, as there is no need.

OP
B

blackstar

woohoo!!!

Clements said:
It's better for it to be associated with notepad as you can just double click to edit the file. I seriously wouldn't bother changing the icon back, as there is no need.

u r the man!!!!!!thank u so much, its working fine now!no games in the dir but i should b able 2 figure that out!thank u so much 4 ur time!most appreciated!im off 2 bed now,its 2am over here in new zealand and ive got work in a couple of hours,thanks again.cheers!!!!!!