What's new

Load State

Felipe

Brazilian Translator
the load state here in my computer is slow,once i did load state in mario 64 n it took (more or less) 20 seconds,in another try it took(more or less) 24 seconds,this is a question of mupen or the problem is in my computer?

karth95

Lord of the Cats
on my machine, it usually takes 1/2 second to 1 second to save or load a state. dunno if that helps or not.

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Felipe: it happens with some games/computer combo but i don't really know the reason yet...

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
I don't know if Mupen has an auto-compress save states option, in fact I don't think so, but just in case it does turning that off will help a little.

ShadowPrince

nephalim said:
I don't know if Mupen has an auto-compress save states option, in fact I don't think so, but just in case it does turning that off will help a little.

No,there is no option currently to turn it off.Instant savestates compressed always.
Speed of the loading non compressed save state will not matter THAT much . Currently it some other problem,that keeps some save states to load 10-20 seconds,and others less than second.And it not related to compression of save state in any way.

Benjalien

Keyboard shortcut

Hi,

I don't really have a problem with saving states, but I have some questions about it:

is it possible to bind a key to save-load states?
is it possible (under linux at least) to run mupen64 directly on a game (fullscreen if possible) and loading a certain state? Something like mupen64 -g KillerInstinctGold.zip - sKIState ?

Thanks

Benjamin