What's new

losing sound on saved game load

smegforbrain

Well, I thought I was out of questions, but when I load a saved game in Project64, I'm not getting any sound.

The sound is fine, otherwise - when I reset the emulator, the sound is there.

Not having alot of experience with this emulator yet, I'm not sure if there's a simple solutions or not (aside from beating the game in one sitting :).

ra5555

N64 Newbie
You will have to answer these questions before anyone will be able to give you an answer:

What Game are you playing?
What video/sound/control plugin settings are you using?
What is your sound card, video card drivers?
Are you using native saves or state saves?

OP
smegforbrain

smegforbrain

ra5555 said:
You will have to answer these questions before anyone will be able to give you an answer:

What Game are you playing?
What video/sound/control plugin settings are you using?
What is your sound card, video card drivers?
Are you using native saves or state saves?

South Park.
All of the plugin settings I'm using are Jabo's (Direct3D6 1.5.1 and DirectSound 1.5).
I've got a 64meg GeForce4 MX card and SoundBlaster Live!, and I'm using save states.

OP
smegforbrain

smegforbrain

Want to add that I did some toying around with Restore vs Load and the different sound plugins. It seems like sound won't work when I use Load rather than Restore. Dunno why I was doing that in the first place really.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
To fix this, do a native save (save as you'd do on the real n64), restart the emulator, start the game and load the game the normal way you'd do on a real n64.

jack

You probably messed around with the rsp setting or rom setting. Not a wise thing to do while using savestates. Follow doom's advice and all should be well.

OP
smegforbrain

smegforbrain

jack said:
You probably messed around with the rsp setting or rom setting. Not a wise thing to do while using savestates. Follow doom's advice and all should be well.

No, I hadn't messed with the settings or anything. I haven't tried to testing it with a variety of games to see if the problem is persistant though.
However, I don't have anything atm to do native save anyways (something I intend to fix eventually).