What's new

Zelda MM: Lense of Truth Choppiness

tsalin

I'm enjoying playing Majora's Mask on pj64 v.1.5; the game runs well and looks great, except for an occasional temporary blackscreen when the clock bells ring.

My Problem:
When using the "Lense of Truth" item, my graphics (and sound) get choppy and slow down to 10 frames per second, rather than the normal 60 fps. I found the Advanced Video plugin settings, but I'm worried about messing with them.

My Settings:
I'm using Jabo's plugins, "change memory&cache" self-mod code method in the "advanced" settings tab, and "change memory&cache" in the Rom Settings tab. I've set my virtual memory to 768mb.

My specs:
Intel P4 2.0ghz, 512 DDR ram, XP home edition, SB Live! card, Nvidia GeForce 2 GTS/GeForce2 Pro card

-Any advice/tips much appreciated!

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
tsalin said:
I'm enjoying playing Majora's Mask on pj64 v.1.5; the game runs well and looks great, except for an occasional temporary blackscreen when the clock bells ring.

My Problem:
When using the "Lense of Truth" item, my graphics (and sound) get choppy and slow down to 10 frames per second, rather than the normal 60 fps. I found the Advanced Video plugin settings, but I'm worried about messing with them.

My Settings:
I'm using Jabo's plugins, "change memory&cache" self-mod code method in the "advanced" settings tab, and "change memory&cache" in the Rom Settings tab. I've set my virtual memory to 768mb.

My specs:
Intel P4 2.0ghz, 512 DDR ram, XP home edition, SB Live! card, Nvidia GeForce 2 GTS/GeForce2 Pro card

-Any advice/tips much appreciated!

Lens of Truth may cause slowdowns in some situations. turning off Self rendered textures fixes this (Video plugin, ROM Settings)

This information is also in the project64GFAQ that comes with the 1.5 SP1 Installer

OP
T

tsalin

thanks! oh, and I'll make sure I use the board search next time, I just realized this question has been asked about 10 times already, sorry for my newbness. :)

Last edited:

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Add a zero to that number of times it's been asked. :flowers:

Many bonus points for finding out about the forum search on your own before having it pointed out though. :D

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
FYI, Turning off self-rendered textures causes nearly all the framebuffer effects in MM to break. If you don't care about them (namely the subscreen & pictograph, probably forgetting something,) then you can leave it off. The settings allows for the framebuffer to be manipulated by the CPU.

Dogman5

----------
^^ well you would only turn it off for the time being.

But this should have been included in the FAQ. Oh well.