What's new

won't work

linemu

I downloaded the new version but it doesn't work. It says it needs glibc 2.3 :-< . I tried downloaded glibc 2.3, but when I install it, it just reinstalls version 2.2. HELP!!!!

OP
linemu

linemu

The error message is thus: "Version GLIBC 2.3 not found (required by mupen64)". mupen64 0.1 worked perfectly on my system, so I guess this means mupen64 0.2 was compiled with a later version of GLIBC. A version I don't have. when I try to install GLIBC 2.3 with my distros setup tool YAST2 it doesn't say that it conflicts with any packages. But when I click "install" it merely reinstalls GLIBC 2.2. This makes no sense. when I go to the command line and type in rpm -i <packagename>.rpm (no I didn't type in packagename literaly, I just forget exactly what it was called), it says it conflicts with GLIBC 2.2. I just wish mupen64 0.2 had the same GLIBC requirements as mupen64 0.1.:-<

OP
linemu

linemu

The Khan Artist said:
You should try compiling from source.

Or wait until somebody makes SuSe RPMs.

I already tried compiling it but it gave me an error message. I think I might need to modify the makefile but I have no idea how to do that.
'sigh' I guess I'll just have to be satisfied with 0.1. I SO WANTED the new release. :-(