What's new

Mupen64 0.2 feedback thread

Remote

Great release, to be honest it's been a couple of releases since I last tried Mupen64 but the 1st impression is that this version is rock solid, atleast the Windows version. All games I've throwed at it works like a blast and speed is much improved. It looks like a lot have changed under the hood and this is definetely a good preview of what the future holds for Mupen.

Great work Hack :D

As a sidenote why does it connect to the net?

Last edited:

XxCrashxX

Wow this is an incredible emu
with a little more speed optimization
its gonna be right up there with pj64 and 1964
Im glad someone is continueing on the pursuit of n64 emulation

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
An OS X port... finally SixtyForce has a competitor. Congratulations!

EDIT: Your Win32 port could use a manifest file. I attached one. Just place it in the same directory as mupen64.exe, and the GUI will pick up Windows XP themes.

Other than that, it looks great!

Last edited:

ra5555

N64 Newbie
I am downloading now, will check out and give a feedback tonight. Besides that, Congrads on the release! :)

scotty

The Great One
This version has improved quite a bit from the last version.

Again, speed being the priority for improvement, but has improved quite a bit from the last version.

I really think that you should continue your work on this emulator and continue to stay into N64 emulation Hacktarux.

linemu

Having read my thread ("won't work") do you think it would be possible for me to run mupen64 0.2 without upgrading to glibc 2.3? Please reply.

ShadowPrince

EDIT: Your Win32 port could use a manifest file. I attached one. Just place it in the same directory as mupen64.exe, and the GUI will pick up Windows XP themes.

Other than that, it looks great!

Thanks alot for manifest file ,Khan Artist , will be added to main archive :)

Felipe

Brazilian Translator
what plugins i use to run f-zero x?i used jabo 1.5.1 tr64 0.5 cfb n nothing is displayed,it loads the rom but it doesnt show nothing.
Sugestion:it should be an option to game starts already in full screen.

Last edited:

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
First bug report. :p

Glide64 (0.42) + eVoodoo (3.99) does not work, at all. It crashes immediatly after loading a game, before displaying any gfx.

It works fine in 1964 and PJ64.

pwr900

Hello, Im using mandrake 9,1 and Mupen 0,2.

The program seg. faults if I enable the dynamic recompiler.

blight

pwr900: dynarec doesn't work yet, use interpreter
linemu: yes it should be possible if you compile it yourself, get a statically linked version or get a version compiled against glibc-2.2

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
pwr900: As explained in the first page of the readme, the dynarec isn't implemented yet. The fastest core in this release is the interpreter.

The Khan Artist: we'll try to look at it, hard to fix when we don't know if the problem is coming from glide64 or from evoodoo.

Felipe: afaik, f-zero is one of the few roms that doesn't work in mupen64

linemu: i don't have a machine to compile with an older glibc, i'll try to see what i can do but i can't promise anything... Or you can look at suse websites to know how to upgrade to the newest glibc
(also can you try to remove all the plugins to see if the gui can be shown without them ?)

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
The Khan Artist said:
First bug report. :p

Glide64 (0.42) + eVoodoo (3.99) does not work, at all. It crashes immediatly after loading a game, before displaying any gfx.

It works fine in 1964 and PJ64.

hmmmmm....working fine here. Using EVooDoo 3.99 + Glide64 (0.42 or 0.43++ WIP5). Tested just with SM64, but it loaded and played fine. No crashes and no issues to be seen so far with Mupen64. It was on my work box, I have not tried at home yet.

Dell P4 1.7 Celeron
512 MEG RAM
GF4 MX 440 64 MEG
Detonator 44.03 with DirectX.9b

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
LazerTag said:
hmmmmm....working fine here. Using EVooDoo 3.99 + Glide64 (0.42 or 0.43++ WIP5). Tested just with SM64, but it loaded and played fine. No crashes and no issues to be seen so far with Mupen64. It was on my work box, I have not tried at home yet.

Dell P4 1.7 Celeron
512 MEG RAM
GF4 MX 440 64 MEG
Detonator 44.03 with DirectX.9b

It could very easily be a driver issue. Or maybe eVoodoo/Glide64 doesn't like the Mupen GUI.

Is there a "start in fullscreen" option anywhere?

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
no "startup fullscreen" as far as I can see. I run in window mode myself. Also just checked and it works fine on my home system as well (see specs in my profile).

I saw a minor issue just now while playing around with the new RSP. When you have the setting on "Process Alists by RSP DEfined Plugin" selected, the plugins in the drop down will only appear if they are contained within Mupen's local plugin folder.

So for instance on my system I have a main plugin folder that 1964 and PJ64 are pointed to so I only have to update one directory as new plugins come out. I pointed Mupen to that folder and can select plugins without any problems. From there, like with 1964 and PJ64, I usually delete all the plugins from emulators root plugin folder. With Mupen this made it to where no plugins where listed in the RSP settings dialogue.

Hope that makes sense.