What's new

Starfox 64 Full Screen, Flipped

IceFlow2

I can only use TR64 open GL for this rom, Jabo's doesent work for me me.

Is there anything I can do to play Starfox 64 in full screen without it being flipped?

I was going say "other than turning my monitor upside down" but Ive seen that others beat me to it, lol.

gamerk2

Banned
Try using the latest version of the dedellus plugin (5.01d).
I'm suprized that jabo's doesn't work for u, becuase u have better specs then me. Try using version 1.51 of the plugin

OP
IceFlow2

IceFlow2

I have tried everything but the only plugin that works is TR64 open gl.

Its because those plugins dont like radeons.

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
What about Glide64 + evoodoo? I think old verisons of evoodoo (not sure if the newest one) have and option to turn screen upside down (Fighting Force fix I think it was called)

OP
IceFlow2

IceFlow2

I dont have a voodo card.
I have tried that plugin anyway and it keeps saying Glidefx.dll cannot be found.

mesman00

What's that...?
IceFlow2 said:
I dont have a voodo card.
I have tried that plugin anyway and it keeps saying Glidefx.dll cannot be found.

you mean glide3x.dll? anyways, you get that error cuz you dn't have a voodoo card. grab evoodoo like suggested and place it in the same folder. then configure it to your pleasing, and you should be set.

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
you mean glide3x.dll? anyways, you get that error cuz you dn't have a voodoo card. grab evoodoo like suggested and place it in the same folder. then configure it to your pleasing, and you should be set.

Yep. Evoodoo is not a plugin, but a wrapper (it let's you use Glide64 without having a voodoo card).

You should download both evoodoo and glide64, and install them both. You'll notice that evoodoo comes with the glide3x.dll you're looking for.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I have a radeon 9000 and it works fine for me with Jabos, weird that a 9700 would be any different with the same drivers

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I believe it is a dx9 card actually. it definatly supports pixel shaders (dunno if this has anything to do with dx9)

Even so, Jabo's Direct3d uses DirectX 6, whether these cards use dx9 or not is irrelevant, and I doubt speed has anything to do with it either.

Last edited:
OP
IceFlow2

IceFlow2

The Radeon 9000 Pro is NOT a DirectX9.0 card Okay, lol
As far as I know the only DX9.0 cards available are the 9500/700Pros and the Geforce FX's !

Does the 9000 support hardware T&L?

What settings do you use and what version/emulator are you using?

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
IceFlow2 said:
The Radeon 9000 Pro is NOT a DirectX9.0 card Okay, lol
As far as I know the only DX9.0 cards available are the 9500/700Pros and the Geforce FX's !

Does the 9000 support hardware T&L?

What settings do you use and what version/emulator are you using?

whether these cards use dx9 or not is irrelevant :ranting:

I use the default settings, and they work fine.

OP
IceFlow2

IceFlow2

alright, calm down lol. I didnt realise that you were so sensitive about your card lol.

I heard you the first time about Direct X9.0 theres no need to repeat yourself because unlike some people I listen :devil:

I told you that your card WAS NOT a DX 9.0 card and did you listen?

Last edited:
OP
IceFlow2

IceFlow2

Sayargh said:
whether these cards use dx9 or not is irrelevant :ranting:

I use the default settings, and they work fine.

I'm just trying to find out why its different for your card! no need to get upset :unsure:

What emulator do you use?

If Its not the speed and Its not Direct X9.0 what is it?
Could it be 8x AGP?

This is how it looks for me:

Starfox%2064%20Blue.jpg

Starfox%2064%20black.jpg

Last edited:

Clements

I'd suggest you wait for glNintendo64() 0.4 which has good Radeon support. It should work excellently. Rice said his plugin will be developed around his card (a GeForce MX) so it might not be good for your card, and Jabo's is discontinued. You might get better results with Jabo's D3D7 1.40 (comes with PJ64 1.4) - try that until glNintendo comes out that supports your card well.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
It doesn't matter what emulator you use, PJ64 or 1964, they both work the same with these plugins.
I don't think it would be AGP Speed either, thats just textures transfering, have you tried other non emulated games, do they seem screwed up like that too?