What's new

Signature spacing?

Allnatural

Not a problem really, just something I noticed. The spacing below a poster's signature and/or sys specs is very inconsistent. Sometimes the information is at the bottom of the post window, and sometimes there is a blank space below the sig. The amount of spacing is inconsistent as well, depending on the length of the post apparently. This thread provides a good example. Look at Rik's first and second posts.

Dunno, just seems weird to me.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I would believe the space is inconsistent because the first post was simple one line and the second post has a quote, and thus is longer. If the first posts's "space" would be removed, the rest of the stuff to the left (the avatar n' stuff) would be crumbled.

So I believe.

joel_029

Lead Guitarist
The thing is doom, is that the specs listed are all spaced differently like everyother post, not depending on the length of the post. it does seem a bit odd. no professional opinion on it though.

However, the one liner post does seem to be consistent, for the majority of the posts

Doomulation

I was never implying, though, that it didn't look bad. It just isn't a bug; it's supposed to be such. But it could be a simple hack in the template if martin would do so.

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
Its because the box has to be so big, and the signature always goes right after the message. However, if it was forced to the bottom of the post, it wouyldn't know where o put it for longer posts. I believe everyone willhave to live with it.

Doomulation

Eh? I didn't quite get that. Forcing the specs to appear at the bottom of the post is not hard; nor would it destroy anything.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
I know what you are talking about. It is caused when somebody doesn't have a signature, and they don't leave a carraige return at the end of their post. It makes the formatting look odd, and the system specs run right into the regular post text, makes you think that their post is actualy their signature at first or something. Somebody ought to bug martin to force all posts to end with a carraige return :p

Heres an example of it:

http://www.emutalk.net/showpost.php?postid=153082&postcount=9

Last edited: