What's new

Plugins???

dallas

Hey I have a voodoo banshee and I don't think I'm useing the 3dfx drivers because my glide plugins are never working because they can't find a specific .dll. d3d seems to work wonderfully why can't I play with the plugins UltraHLE provide.

mojo

I think he got glide3x.dll error.

2 ways to solve:
1st way:Delete glide2x.dll and gfx_glide.dll in xengine.
2nd way:just download eVooDoo Wrapper and unzip file glide3x.dll into the emulator folder.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
forget trying n64 emulation with a card like that, simply not possible, its too crap, buy a cheap geforce 4mx, 40dollars, not much is it?

milen

Sayargh said:
forget trying n64 emulation with a card like that, simply not possible, its too crap, buy a cheap geforce 4mx, 40dollars, not much is it?

Don't say such a bullshit, Voodoo banshee works very good with glide64, and very fast too even on low end machine. In some cases even better results than your Radeon9000. This is for n64 emulation not for games that are released after 2001. In pc games Radeon9000 is much better. Geforce4MX why??? such a crappy dx7.1 card. If you buy new card please don't get Geforce4MX(==Geforce 2Ultra).

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Well GeforceMX's are very cheap for a start and can outperform any banshee or even your card, but I must admit radeon 9000's can do this as well, and are far better cards, both of which are better than voodoo 3 or the voodoo banshee's, a voodoo 3 is just a more powerful banshee anyway.

Your statement is flawed, perhaps voodoo banshee can outperform my radeon, with glide64, but that is obvisous as ATI don't support glide, there comes in evoodoo but thats using emulation of glide and lets face it, its not perfect and will always be slower than direct glide.

Oh btw, windows XP has CRAP support of voodoo cards, i remember having to use hacked drivers to get it to work decently. on windows 98 perhaps it will work as you say. get your facts straight before you say i'm talking BS. (AND geforce4mx's support dx9!!!)

Counter Attack I wait on.

Last edited:

milen

Well GeforceMX's are very cheap for a start and can outperform any banshee or even your card, but I must admit radeon 9000's can do this as well, and are far better cards, both of which are better than voodoo 3 or the voodoo banshee's, a voodoo 3 is just a more powerful banshee anyway.

Yes GeforceMX are very cheap and very crap. Yes it can outperforme Voodoo3.
Voodoo Banshee 1 TMU - 110Mhz
Voodoo3 2TMU - each (143 or 166 or 183)MHZ

Voodoo3 supports multitexturing Banshee not.

Geforce4MX haven't even most dx8.0 feauters.It's overclocked Geofrce2.

forget trying n64 emulation with a card like that, simply not possible

What is not possible ?????? Why to forget n64 emulation with his card when he may get good quality and speed. As I said before depending on game even better than Radeon 9000.

With Voodoo3 I can play 99% of the games full speed and sound 1024X768. Only exception is Conker Fur Day with Jabo D3D 1.5.1 is playable but sometimes have white textures.

Last edited:

alexa999

Banned
This is going off topic. :getlost: You guys should be trying to fix dallas' .DLL error instead of criticizing him about his video card. :plain:

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
alexa999 said:
This is going off topic.
You're in no position to comment on other people's posting habbits, Mr. Spammer.

Anyway, dallas, I recommend searching for "glide3x.dll" on this board, I'm sure you will find some answers there. If you don't, come ask at the IRC channel, I'm sure someone can help.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
You probably don't have proper video drivers. You're using the ones that came with Windows XP, right? They only have 2D drivers, not 3D. You need to get a new driver package.

http://www.falconfly.de/ is an excellent place for Voodoo drivers.

If you want my opinion on what is best, get Raziel's dirvers.

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Fair enough, I was wrong to say that n64 wasn't possible, but as you said Geforce4mx's are better than voodoo3's and banshees so i rest my case.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Except for a few combiners which 3Dfx cards have no equivalent for, Glide64 on a Voodoo 5 is overall the best graphics plugin right now.

There are 3 main problems with the Banshee:

1) Texture size limits (has been worked around in Glide64)
2) No multi-texturing. Ouch.
3) Color depth limited to 16-bit. Again, ouch.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I might point out that the unofficial build of Glide64 has been far imporved for banshees. It has even fixed many other problems that occoured within the plugin. So banshees are pretty good for n64 emulation as long as Glide64 is around.

OP
D

dallas

OKay guys I'm home now maybe for just a short period of time though. No I've seen this card play games on UltraHLE before and not too bad I might add actually. and tonz better than my peice of shit onboard Intel card. (well that could be because it will only work with dx). The machine I seen it run on was a peice of hud E-machine with a 1.3 ghz celeron. Mine's only the 1.1 but I know it can handle it becuase speed wasn't a problem when trying to get my old intle card to work it was simply that it just couldn't draw. Yes I got the gay ass glide3.dll error and it is all repaired now. what is a good plugin that will work with this and what is that file I need to use Jabo's glide plugins(Because I've heard they are the best) but when I was home sunday night and got the right drivers and stuff I get a weird error and I can't remember it but now I deleted Jabo's glide plugin and I am haveing a cow. (but it's Okay because I can once again play warcraft 3, lol.) cool guys thanks for all the help.I might only be home for a couple days but I will check on it in the evenings when I am at my moms so I'll reply even if it takes me awhile.

Knuckles

1st: there isn't any Jabo glide plugins, only D3D.
2nd: Intel chipset, like all the other, doesn't suports Glide mod, only D3D and OpenGL. gilde2x/3x are only for voodoo cards (an some that hardly supports glide mode like some matrox I think, I can be wrong) also, an intel chipset is not the best for N64 emulation, I suggest you to get glide64 and eVoodoo (put the files in you emu folder) It will use a special Glide3X that works in D3D.
3rd : for your Voodoo banshee ( I actually have one), just get drivers like the Raziel64's BansheeXP drivers ( http://www.bansheexp.cjb.net/ ), install them and restart. then, open you emu and select glide64 in the video plugin list. now, run your games. You aren't supposed to have any problems.(except some minors graphics ones because of some unsupported features on Banshees)

Last edited:
OP
D

dallas

Yeah i know that the intel chipset won't work and wasn't built to work and never will work with glide I even have problems with it in opengl anyways I got it working running smooth and stuff but I got these big ass purple lines running on the top and the bottom of my screen and it won't let me configure the plugin because it says nothing to configure yet but I'm gonna see what's on the driver page you just gave me.

Dominator

dallas said:
Yeah i know that the intel chipset won't work and wasn't built to work and never will work with glide I even have problems with it in opengl anyways I got it working running smooth and stuff but I got these big ass purple lines running on the top and the bottom of my screen and it won't let me configure the plugin because it says nothing to configure yet but I'm gonna see what's on the driver page you just gave me.

Read the help file (getting started -> Video configuration)