What's new

Scale2x: Anyone thought of using it?

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
aren't those just for sprites and other 2d stuff?

so only the menu in n64games would be smoothen or something...

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
(NL)Falcon4ever said:
aren't those just for sprites and other 2d stuff?

so only the menu in n64games would be smoothen or something...

Rice and Orkin added 2xSaI support for all textures, so why not other filters as well? There could be problems with how the filters handle edges of textures, but that's about it.

Scalexx would be nice, and so would HQ3X.

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
I don't know exactly what ansiotropic does, but 16x AF + 4x Smoothvision = nice. No "blurring" necessary, although AA at 16x does blur a bit.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Khan Artist... um... wha? Screenshots?

I remember playing Tribes on my Voodoo2 on my old comp and being ticked at the moiré all the time (LOD bug - surfaces sloped up away from you wouldn't MIP map correctly in some places)... I'm familiar with moiré... but I don't ever see any on my Radeon.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
I took a couple to compare with AlphaWolf a while back, as he had the exact same complaint. Here are a few.

aom 2003-07-14 13-39-18-07 is from a fishing boat in Age of Mythology... the moire is on the main deck, and is light, but extremely noticeable in motion.

Bah... only five files per post.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
OK, here's the rest.

zelda_3 illustrates my point the best.

SUPER MARIO 64-635A2BFF8B022326.zip is an EEPROM file of my current save in Super Mario 64... go to Shifting Sand Land, look at the 4 pillars the pyramid from a distance, and tell me something isn't horribly wrong.

nullroute

Lost and loving it
Khan :
Those shots are ugly... was that with the 9700 Pro? I thought that the 9700/9800 were actually going to give nV gfFX a run for its money, but not if it produces suck quality like that. nVidia all the way! :)

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
I'd really like to know what is wrong. Some people I've talked to say they have absolutely no problems with AF. Some, like me, have horrid problems.

*shrugs*

nullroute

Lost and loving it
Something occurred to me Khan, do you 'Force Bilinear Filterring' enabled? that would override the AF and trilinear filterring that I'm sure your card support. If that's not the case than I have no clue what's going wrong.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
The "Quality" AF mode on Radeon cards uses a mixture of bilinear and trilinear filtering for the AFed textures. I used rTool to force full trilinear AF.

At least, that's what the author said. He didn't mention anything about disabling AF in favor of plain trilinear.