What's new

Gameshark=> action replay?

mrfcrougar

I have tried using typical gameshark => action replay cheat descriptions, but can't seem to get any to work. The thing is: there was a group of people that "Made" a version of Goldeneye Beta using the Action replay, and I wanted to get it going using PJ64 (hence gameshark). Can anyone give us some aid?

Quvack

mrfcrougar said:
I have tried using typical gameshark => action replay cheat descriptions, but can't seem to get any to work. The thing is: there was a group of people that "Made" a version of Goldeneye Beta using the Action replay, and I wanted to get it going using PJ64 (hence gameshark). Can anyone give us some aid?

The only real difference between Action Replay, and Gameshark, is that the Action Replay was made to support European based games, and the Gameshark was for USA ones.

So either try a different region rom which ur codes support, or find codes for the rom you have.

Code wise Goldeneye has been hacked to pieces, mostly the USA version, but most of the codes have been ported to other regions aswell.

OP
M

mrfcrougar

Ok, that is making sense now. I did read somethign about using some Hex math to translate them, but I think I will have to give it a shot with the europeian version (or the states to verify).

I still spend so much time woundering if the Goldeneye Beta cartridge is still locked up at Rare. It is the holy grail of the N64.

:jason: Fredric J Crougar
"Sleep Tight"

Last edited:

Quvack

mrfcrougar said:
Ok, that is making sense now. I did read somethign about using some Hex math to translate them, but I think I will have to give it a shot with the europeian version (or the states to verify).

I still spend so much time woundering if the Goldeneye Beta cartridge is still locked up at Rare. It is the holy grail of the N64.

:jason: Fredric J Crougar
"Sleep Tight"

Lol I dont know if i'd call it the holy grail of the N64, but it'd be cool :) Personally I enjoy looking thru the released carts/roms to find the stuff thats hidden away in them :) A Beta would just give it away so easily :p