Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Help another project (like UHLE 2064)

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
G

Guile

I feel Azimer should either finish up Apollo/Audio and contract a 3rd party gfx plugin and/or work on a new project like NextGEN Emulation or helping a NextGEN emulator or another project.

**ADD**

I don't feel, however, that many people would use Apollo in all seriousness. I don't feel improving the emulator too much would translate to usage. So perhaps he should take the public's poll outcome to heart. If people aren't going to use it, then he shouldn't waste his time. If he wastes his time, he should only do so if he wants to do it for himself. I am a fan of Apollo however. :apollo:

Last edited:

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Guile said:
I feel Azimer should either finish up Apollo/Audio and contract a 3rd party gfx plugin and/or work on a new project like NextGEN Emulation or helping a NextGEN emulator or another project.

**ADD**

I don't feel, however, that many people would use Apollo in all seriousness. I don't feel improving the emulator too much would translate to usage. So perhaps he should take the public's poll outcome to heart. If people aren't going to use it, then he shouldn't waste his time. If he wastes his time, he should only do so if he wants to do it for himself. I am a fan of Apollo however. :apollo:
Guile erm What Azi should take to heart is whatever he chooses to.
This Poll, Post whatever has nothing to do with any out come of His train of thought.

Personally im still trying to think wth you did this post to begin with.........

i mean you are entitled to your opinion and all but its hardly worthy of a poll, & most definatly not upto you to decide for azi publically what he should or shouldnt do with His own projects with His spare time.

karth95

Lord of the Cats
amusing that everyone who's responded has said this, and I agree.
Azi can, and should, do whatever he wants to be doing.

scotty

The Great One
What ever Azimer wants to do, is fine with me.
Personally I think he should work on his audio plugin, since that is where his name lies, I still think he should release another version of Apollo, but it should concentrate on working well with either Jabo's D3D plugin, and/or his own video plugin if he chooses to work on that.

We miss you Azi, dont forget that

scotty

The Great One
Malcolm said:
*cough* is Guile Azi in disguise? *cough*

You know Malcolm, you have a point, If you read Guile's 2nd post, there is a 1st party chatting instead of a 2nd party. I think if you read the beginning of where Guile added to his message.

Perhaps if Azimer does work on a new console emulator, then thats his choice. Working on a newer console is more complicated, but it is his choice. I wouldnt mind if he got into another emulator, older or newer ie. SNES emulation, or Xbox emulation

Personally I think if it becomes good enough to be in the league of PJ64 and 1964, then maybe he could get some more users. If his emulator had a dynamic compiler that didnt shut down everytime you opened a ROM, and better ROM compatibility (ie. having the ability to run about 60 ROMS perfectly), maybe it would work.

Last edited:

Remote

Malcolm said:

If Guile is Azimer in disguise and he can't make up his mind about which path to pursue, although I must say it seems a bit far fetched. He should put the finishing touches to his audio plugin and then team up with uHLE2064. Apollo is a nice emulator, it has a nice personal touch to it but I guess it's for the die hard fans only. At the time of writing it has been a long time since I gave it a spin but eventhough it doesn't have a recompiler it's quite fast and sports, not sure who said it but I know I've heard it around here, one of the most compatible interpreters around.

And audio, graphic and input seems like a lot of work, and that could be what took interest away from Apollo in the 1st place.

Although uHLE2064 is progressing quite nicely I'm quite sure they wouldn't say no to an offer like that, and with uHLE2064 Azimer could work on audio, grahphic and input. So that seems like the best way to go in my book.

I an perfect world I guess my vote would be on all options but hey, it's a shitty world so who are we kidding...

Another way to go could be to send an application to Sony and hopefully start working on Ps/Ps2 emulation for Ps3. That's probaly a dream situation for an emu author, getting access to good information about what they are trying to emulate and getting a shitload of money at the same time for doing something they like.

OP
G

Guile

Malcolm said:

Guile is not Azimer. I have had contact with Azimer. So perhaps I am just taking a poll for Azimer. At the moment, NextGen emulation is leading in votes. However, there are so few votes. I guess I could count each vote as one vote of interest. hehe.

Remote

Out of curiosity, if Azimer should go into next generation emulation, what console is the most interesting?

OP
G

Guile

Remote said:
Out of curiosity, if Azimer should go into next generation emulation, what console is the most interesting?

I have more information on the GC then I do any other nextgen console. I would likely do GC emulation or PS2. I refuse to contribute to the XBox since I am not a fan of Microsoft. If I found enough reasons to go with XBox, I would. NextGen is a possibility, but I am not sure if now is the time. There are so many legal ramifications with my intentions

Official quote from Azimer. But Azimer didn't give a definitive answer. I think Azimer was a little busy.
:apollo:

Skye

Martin is EVIL :p
Okay, I voted for him to work on other projects. Other projects could really benifit from him. :)

scotty

The Great One
Im glad that Azimer is trying to get the GC emulation going. I know GC is going to be a lot of work to do for you, I know that Nintendo has really put on the precautions to make sure you dont get anywhere, but I know you can do it.

I hear Icepir8 is also working on GC as well.

Good luck with that Azimer :apollo:

alexa999

Banned
scotty said:
Im glad that Azimer is trying to get the GC emulation going. I know GC is going to be a lot of work to do for you, I know that Nintendo has really put on the precautions to make sure you dont get anywhere, but I know you can do it.

I hear Icepir8 is also working on GC as well.

Good luck with that Azimer :apollo:
Yeah!!! Good luck to anyone trying to emulate GC!!! :apollo:

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Azimer said:
This poll should help me out a little figuring things.

Seriously? I always had this train of thought that emu programmers, at least those here on Emutalk, only followed what they wanted and not used (for the most part) what others wanted as a guide. Unless of course they themselves posted a poll requesting information. I had always seen postings of what someone wants and polls like this as "rude" toward the programmer/s.

I will be the first to eat crow and apologize Guile. Apparently my thinking (and others) about what programmers here want from the fans is not 100% correct. For that I apologize.

I still have decided not to vote however as my own personal thinking is that I would like to see whatever Azimer (or any programmer) wants to create without worrying what the fan base wants.

scotty

The Great One
It is always up to the programmers to do what they want, however if they want the user support, then they need to give them a little of what they want as well. I think that I also have to give Guile an "apollo"gy as well, thinking that this poll was going to be a waste, but as Azimer mentionned, it was helpful.