What's new

Hover vs always underline

Martin

Administrator
Always underline looks ugly, especially on the front page. Check www.vbulletin.com/forums for an example. Perhaps we could make the hover colour a bit lighter or another colour to make it less confusing.

Allnatural

I think it looks fine as it is. The color needs to be adjusted with the Dark style though; the links are the same color as the regular text.

Martin

Administrator
Thanks for the report, Allnatural. I made the links underline for Dark EmuTalk, let's see what the Dark Style users think of it. :)

Allnatural

While we're on the subject of color, the red and green titles don't blend well with the blue of the Dark style. Probably not a big deal with most users, but it looks bad to me. Of course, I don't use Dark Emutalk, so why do I care? :p

Looks good with the default style though. :)

OP
AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Martin said:
Always underline looks ugly, especially on the front page. Check www.vbulletin.com/forums for an example. Perhaps we could make the hover colour a bit lighter or another colour to make it less confusing.

Is there any way that only the posts could be underlined?

OP
AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
Martin said:
No, I thought there was but appearantly not.

hmm...just trying to seed an idea here, but couldn't you code the VB url tags to add an underline tag in the HTML? (unless the whole board uses those?)

alexa999

Banned
Martin said:
Thanks for the report, Allnatural. I made the links underline for Dark EmuTalk, let's see what the Dark Style users think of it. :)
I dont like it. :plain:

Allnatural said:
While we're on the subject of color, the red and green titles don't blend well with the blue of the Dark style. Probably not a big deal with most users, but it looks bad to me. Of course, I don't use Dark Emutalk, so why do I care? :p

Looks good with the default style though. :)
I agree. :plain:

Martin

Administrator
AlphaWolf said:
hmm...just trying to seed an idea here, but couldn't you code the VB url tags to add an underline tag in the HTML? (unless the whole board uses those?)

Smart thinking! I've added a replacement code doing just this.

However, it doesn't work when you do "advance url linking" and name the link something, as you can't have the same replacement code do two different things. So, it only works with basic URL links like the one below:

http://www.emulation64.com

This one doesn't work:

Emulation64

alexa999

Banned
Martin said:
Smart thinking! I've added a replacement code doing just this.

However, it doesn't work when you do "advance url linking" and name the link something, as you can't have the same replacement code do two different things. So, it only works with basic URL links like the one below:

http://www.emulation64.com

This one doesn't work:

Emulation64
I like it like that! :D

Martin

Administrator
Nope it's not good, I'll think some more about this and will do something better later. Will remove for now.