What's new

I can´t enable anti-aliasing with any Jabo´s

loleoc

I try with "Sort Independent Antialiasing" checked and unchecked but don´t work. But with Rice´s plugin aa works. I have the last detonators (samely this occur with all drivers). I try with all directx versions (7, 7.1, 8, 8.1, 9, 9a) and all Jabo´s 1.4, 1.5b1, 1.5, 1.51.
With Rice´s and evoodoo+glide64 anti-alias works well. What´s wrong with Jabo´s???. Heeelp.

Clements

If you are not already doing so, force AA in your video card Advanced Properties. This will reduce irritating 'Jaggies'.

Glide + eVoodoo and Rice's Plugin have special screen smoothing and 2XSAI techniques, which are better at blending the screen than AA (Well, at least with my video card)

OP
loleoc

loleoc

I have anti-aliasing on 4x always, but with Jabo´s dont work. I don´t know what happen. Maybe in "Regedit" this can be changed but i don´t know modify the reg.

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
Perhaps the AA isn't as good as you hoped it would be. AFAIK Radeons offer much better AA (but at much more of a cost, performance/memory wise,) than Geforces. I have it set at the ultimate maximum on my Radeon 9000, and I still see very refined jaggies in certain places.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
funny, AA always worked for me whatever card i used, I must agree, radeons AA is much better.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
nephalim said:
Perhaps the AA isn't as good as you hoped it would be. AFAIK Radeons offer much better AA (but at much more of a cost, performance/memory wise,) than Geforces. I have it set at the ultimate maximum on my Radeon 9000, and I still see very refined jaggies in certain places.
On, say, the fences in Kokiri Forest in Zelda: OoT?

@Clements: Since when does Glide64 support "special screen smoothing and 2XSAI"?

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
the fences are just rectangles with textures painted on them, AA will have absolutely no effect on them.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Um, Sayargh, you should get AA'ed fences. Radeon 9000 does supersampling, not multisampling. And ATi's AA on 9500 or better is MUCH faster and better than nVidia's AA.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
this is documented, nvidia's control doesn't work in dx6, use control panel or tweak util

... and FSAA is full scene (edge) anti-aliasing... what is "special screen smoothing"? (putting Vaseline over your screen maybe?) also 2xSAI is AFAIK a technique for enhancing colour sprite borders.. it shouldn't be *that* relevant to the N64... wheres FSAA certainly is an N64 feature, even if you HLE it.

also you can put Project64 component questions in the Project64 forum, and i'm more likely to look there.

Last edited:

Clements

@Clements: Since when does Glide64 support "special screen smoothing and 2XSAI"?

I meant that eVoodoo does screen smoothing and Rice's plugin does the 2XSAI, but I phased it a bit weird!

OP
loleoc

loleoc

Ahhh, the new drivers is the cause. I tried with old drivers and the quality of aa is much better (but much). In drivers 25.x NVIDIA modified the application of aa with the inclusion of Geforce 4 family cards. The quality of aa between the divers 20.x and 25.x or later is very biiiig. I should put a photo but in jpeg format the quality would not be appreciated. The difference is enormous with d3d!!! (on pc games and n64 emulators). At least on my Geforce 3.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
eh photos would be interesting, you can post a cropped PNG maybe.

I have a GF3 and with 44.67 drivers and PJ64 FSAA certainly does work.. you don't even need a tweak util anymore, nvidia's control display options work fine :)

Last edited:
OP
loleoc

loleoc

Can be true but I was customary to aa of Voodoo 5.
With old drivers the quality of aa is equal or superior to Voodoo 5 but with new drivers the quality of aa is worse (in d3d only). In Opengl is great.
What program does use the png format?

OP
loleoc

loleoc

Clements was right, Glide64 and Rice´s support special screen smoothing and 2XSAI. For this reason I did not perceive it.

OP
loleoc

loleoc

640*480
Anti Aliasing 4x
32 bpp
Anisotropic Filtering 2x
Sharp Textures enabled
44.03 drivers
Jabo Direct3d 1.5.1

The quality of aa is bad. I have not installed now the old drivers (24.x)
because I must play GTA3!.
These juggies around Mario´s head aren´t with old drivers on my gf3,
even at 640*480.

Remote

Yeah, probaly. I don't know what the maximun attachment size is but it's probaly a little less. Do a quick cut-n-paste around Mario's head and then post a new image. Same result, smaller image.

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
AFAIK, the Voodoo5's didn't only do supersampling, but also a kind of a rotation on the image, which resulted in higher quality Anti-Aliasing.