What's new

More Styles?

alexa999

Banned
Hey Martin, could you bring the styles Tech Style and Dreammaker back to emutalk? :plain: They were my favorites! :D I believe that many people agree with me. :)

Martin

Administrator
Those were styles for vB2, they don't work with vB3. I haven't found any good styles made by other people (for vB3) and I don't have skillz to make good looking ones myself.

Martin

Administrator
SurfPA said:
i switch between normal and dark every week :/

Every week? Rofl, he joined yesterday. Oh...that's right, it's flipsk8r who forgot he was logged in as SurfPA, not flipsk8r. This guy is even dumber than I thought. :p

OP
alexa999

alexa999

Banned
Emutalk really needs some more styles. :plain:

Martin said:
Those were styles for vB2, they don't work with vB3. I haven't found any good styles made by other people (for vB3) and I don't have skillz to make good looking ones myself.

Why dont you just take some of the styles from vB2 and change the size of some of the graphics so they work with vB3? :ermm: How hard could that be? :huh:

Last edited:

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
alexa999 said:

Why dont you just take some of the styles from vB2 and change the size of some of the graphics so they work with vB3? :ermm: How hard could that be? :huh:

how hard could it be, why dont you do it? Then find out :getlost:

Martin

Administrator
alexa999 said:

Purchase vB3 and I'll send you the old styles and you'll find out. :p

vB3 has a template system that's very different from vB2, they have new names, and new functions. You simply don't convert 300 old templates into the new template system. Starting a new style, however, is not that difficult.

OP
alexa999

alexa999

Banned
Martin said:
Starting a new style, however, is not that difficult.

Then start a thread asking who wants to make some more styles for emutalk then tell them to start making them. :plain:

Martin

Administrator
alexa999 said:
Then start a thread asking who wants to make some more styles for emutalk then tell them to start making them. :plain:
No, I don't plan on adding new styles or and people to spend time making styles for it. When vB3 goes gold it will once again use different template systems so it's no idea.

Noupe

Grog
alexa999 said:

Obviously people that want to make styles are already making them, so there is no need to tell them.

However, it is very probable that a great number of things will change when vB3 leaves beta, and that styles created for the beta will not work with the final without some serious tweaking. Hence, a lot of vB style makers wait to release their work until the final (non-beta) version of vB3 is released.