What's new

Animal Forest 64 (Dobutsu No Mori)... Crashingness.

Solidus777

Guy Who Does Stuff
Yeah.. I spent 4 hours looking for this ROM... finally found it. it IS a goodROM, but it crashes after the N64 logo pops up. I've tried every plugin I have (Rice's Daedalus, Glide64, default plugins,) and none of them seem to fix the problem. Any ideas?

paul ngc

Banned
Maybe it is a fake rom.
Where did you get it, because I looked too for hours but never founf it.
Could I get the adress from you??

Trotterwatch

No he can't give you the address. You should have read the rules, you've been here for 37 posts so you should have known them by now. Banned.

Solidus777, as for your problem I haven't read about this one before - I shall have a look to see if I can find anything for you.

OP
S

Solidus777

Guy Who Does Stuff
I did make some settings changes (to see if they'd affect anything, particularly tried Self-Rendered Textures (supposedly fixes some problems with the ROM..)). Other than that, no. Oh, and to prove the ROM IS a goodrom...

The filename, Dobutsu No Mori (J) [!].v64 suggests that it's probably a goodrom. I'm going to try turning it into a Big Endian, but I'm not sure if that'll help anything (fixed a couple problems I had with Mystical Ninja [Well, other than the slowness.. which is fixed with Rice's Daedalus).

Jojo2145

what for an emulator used you for the game? I use Project64. Graphic errors are there in the menu but thats not a big problem "for me"

Tooty

if ur trying it on pj641.5+sp1, this is easy to solve, just go to the rom settings and
change the memory type from "protect memory" 2 "change memory"or something like
that. i got this solution form a post of this forum, u may wish to check it out by
yourself

MushroomGuy2

His Animal Crossing could be a fake one cause I have one workind 100% with no crashes...but I can NEVER save no matter how many times, I made suere the mem pak checkbox was selected and I still can't save ahhhh..what I did was left it on in the background for about 2 weeks but logged off and didn't realize it.